Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Camber Kits

garywg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
Hi, I was wondering about getting a camber kit for the VX as it insists on scrubbing out the inside edge, which is best 2 or 4 point, how hard are they to fit and what sort of cost??
Thanks.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
2 point is Camber

4 point is camber and toe

Holden recommends for camber wear to use the 2 point kit,

I would recomment using the 2 point kit because its ont only cheaper but should do the job quite fine.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I would recommend the 4 point kit. If you fit a 2 point then find it doesn't do the job, you will have to fit another 2 point kit.

Just get the 4 point kit to start with and only do it once.

I can supply you a Super Pro 4 point kit for $175 plus postage.

garywg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
How hars are they to fit?? have no hoist will be doing it with axle stands

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Awkward. The lower control arms have to be removed and then once it's all done it needs a wheel alignment. Allow a day to do it if you have never done anything like that before. Have some help if you can, it will make it easier.

It's not so much hard, just time consuming.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
HA. bridgestone bselect want to charge be 585 bucks for it.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I got a 4 point kit a while ago. While it will not fix the problem 100% it does help alot. Its best to get someone to fit it as Not An Abba Fan said it is awkward to do . Also if you do do it yourself there is no way you can do the wheel alignment without the equipment, and it wouldn't take long for your rear tyres to wear out .
My kit was $350 fitted and wheel alignment

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
I got a 4 point kit a while ago. While it will not fix the problem 100% it does help alot. Its best to get someone to fit it as Not An Abba Fan said it is awkward to do . Also if you do do it yourself there is no way you can do the wheel alignment without the equipment, and it wouldn't take long for your rear tyres to wear out .
My kit was $350 fitted and wheel alignment
where was that from dayvo...
i am gonna guess pedders?

jazza15

Jarryd
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II S
Awkward. The lower control arms have to be removed and then once it's all done it needs a wheel alignment. Allow a day to do it if you have never done anything like that before. Have some help if you can, it will make it easier.

It's not so much hard, just time consuming.

I'd allow at least 2 days for the job.
If it is your first time removing the trailing arm assembly, then you will find it difficult. Considering there are two to remove + messing around with bushes (removing/butchering out the old ones) you could run into a few problems.
Having said that, i just finished changing my trailing arm (lower control arm) assembly for the second time and IMO it gets easier each time you do it, be it taking it out or putting it back in. So by the time you are finished the job you would be an expert on this job.

Now i just fitted a trailing arm with 2 nolathane adjustable bushes, so it is now (once again) a 4 point setup.
What i found with that is that it is a bit more tricky. I noticed that my left wheel has a bit of toe in, which i might have to have a crack at straightening up before driving to get the wheel alignment.
So basically what i'm getting at is that the added toe adjustment can make it more complicated than it needs to be for the application. Would i be right in saying that most, if not all people get these solely for the camber correction?

Just one last thing to add. Just as I was about to fit the donor trailing arm i noticed that the handbrake lever was lose/able to be removed. This was one of those problems that set me back a bit. It involved having to figure out how the handbrake assembly works (thankfully through investigation on my old trailing arm) so that i could fix the problem and get on with the job.

So yeah, just thought I'd shed some light on this job to do with trailing arm removal/re-installation and if all goes to plan I will never have to do the job ever again:p