Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Came up against a Ford Mustang 5.0 (new shape) and....

P

Pauldw500

If your ss is bog stock I can see how. They’re not very quick. Standard mods such as cam, otr, tune, diff gears and stall will impress you.
I get 450ks to a tank altho admittedly most of them are towing a 6x4 trailer which must affect things even tho I don't know it's there half the time. A guy I bought tyres from recently has a heavily moded VF and says he gets 150-200ks to a tank so until I can afford a Mustang it'll have to do..

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I get 450ks to a tank altho admittedly most of them are towing a 6x4 trailer which must affect things even tho I don't know it's there half the time. A guy I bought tyres from recently has a heavily moded VF and says he gets 150-200ks to a tank so until I can afford a Mustang it'll have to do..
There’s something very wrong with that unless it’s an all out dedicated track or burnout car.

P

Pauldw500

There’s something very wrong with that unless it’s an all out dedicated track or burnout car.
Box standard apart from some muffler deletes. I do 2 to 3 tanks of fuel a week. Have loads of Shell flybys tho... :rolleyes: :D

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Seen 2020 model in action...had extractors,full exhaust etc with e85 tune which owner reckons most seem to do low 11's depending on weight & tyres used at track.

Thanks to 10 speed auto or whatever in them they roll on hard 80-100km/h onwards with such basic mods but fark paying 70k plus 10-15k in mods when they're half that price in America.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Box standard apart from some muffler deletes. I do 2 to 3 tanks of fuel a week. Have loads of Shell flybys tho... :rolleyes: :D
Otr exhaust and tune will get you better fuel economy under normal driving conditions and obviously liven it up a decent amount too

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Seen 2020 model in action...had extractors,full exhaust etc with e85 tune which owner reckons most seem to do low 11's depending on weight & tyres used at track.

Thanks to 10 speed auto or whatever in them they roll on hard 80-100km/h onwards with such basic mods but fark paying 70k plus 10-15k in mods when they're half that price in America.
We get screwed here in Australia on car prices.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I just looked the specs up and the 2020 mustang makes 1.363 ftlbs per cubic inch which I can only assume will increase with mods. This is a good figure it's actually quite high. If you could push it into the the 1.4's that's crazy power. Also that is a power figure from ford which uses the full intake and exhaust on the dyno so very good numbers.

I just did the math on a VF SS and it comes in at 1.08 ftlbs per cubic inch with the 6.2l making 410ftlbs.

Last edited:

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Bit of a different story , was sitting at the Stud Road on ramp lights to the Monash fwy . There are 3 lanes that merge into 1 . I was in the middle lane , had a,Teslar on my right and a black very low and very hot sounding VF wagon on my left. Lights turned green and both the Teslar and wagon have floored it. The acceleration on the Teslar was unbelievable, the guy in the wagon only got about 10 metres and backed off