Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cammed 2005 VZ SS, Yellow sticker.

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS Auto 4 speed 5.7L Gen III LS1
Hey new here, I bought a 2005 VZ SS Gen III LS1 5.7L, 4 speed auto. ( about 6-7 weeks ago )

I've got a lot of questions about the car but ill start off with the fact I got a yellow sticker a few days after driving outa the car yard. Also being an idiot and fact it was from a car yard I didn't bother to check the oil n fluids. Engine dipper was bone dry when I checked it when I got the car home. Wasn't happy about that obviously.

So the cars had a lot of work done to it, Custom cam shaft been put in etc, high stall aswell which has me wondering how much HP this thing even has. I'll attach the receipts and dyno sheet which I think cant be right? Measured at 356HP but its roughly 335HP stock?? Don't see why you would need a high stall for that? Also got no idea what the cam is or the specs of it.

I was very polite to the cops but he insisted my car was running too rich the bastard, and he stickered me because " hes a mechanic " haha bullshit. Ill attach the defect notice aswell.

I have given the car back to the dealer I bought it off to sort all this mess out for me, He's had my car for weeks now and nothing is happening, He actually dropped my car off to me 2 - 3 weeks ago without the sticker off and told me it was all finished, had it towed to my house...I'm rolling into the drive way the thing is ******* dieing.....engine nearly shuttin off while rollin in....he dropped the car back to me without it being tunned...then a warning came up on the dash saying safe mode, engine shut off and that's it....wouldn't start.

So ye now hes had it for quite some time...I haven't even really had a chance to ******* drive it yet, dno if hes tryna shaft me or what ever.

He thinks it wont pass emissions and he wants to take the cam out and even the exhaust etc......I don't think any of that needs to be done.

I probably haven't been too clear but I would really appreciate it if someone wants to help me out!

Attachments

• reciept 1.JPG
    reciept 1.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 521
  • reciept 2.JPG
    reciept 2.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 554
  • reciept 3.JPG
    reciept 3.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 559
  • Defect Notice 1.jpg
    Defect Notice 1.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 535
  • dyno.JPG
    dyno.JPG
    253.8 KB · Views: 427

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
High stalls suck a bit of power hence why its a bit of a low number.

Is it just a noise test you need to pass? If it's emissions then i guess it's gonna be tough to clear without some major work / tuning.

As for your rough running, go get it tuned by someone other than a lawn mower mechanic.

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
High stalls suck a bit of power hence why its a bit of a low number.

Is it just a noise test you need to pass? If it's emissions then i guess it's gonna be tough to clear without some major work / tuning.

As for your rough running, go get it tuned by someone other than a lawn mower mechanic.

haha ye the rough running is sorted...bloke dropped it off after unlocking the computer....and not tuning it back..

Nah no noise test. It is an emission test I need to pass, I have thought of tuning on ethanol to pass then going back to petrol tune.

Car guy has told me he has tried to take over pits but I don't believe him, asked him for the report and he wont show me haha....

I also need a permit for the cam, I have no idea how to go about that.

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
It smells a bit when I'm idling, I have read on some forums, some people say it shouldn't smell so much

some say that's just cam life and nothing I can do about it

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
First thing I would do is ring Active Automotive and find out if they think it can pass emissions in its current state with a cam. If not, ask for ythe your money back from the car yard, they sold you an unroadworthy car.

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ye that's what I've been thinking of doing.

I phoned active every week for weeks and left messages for the tuner to call me back. This was about 4-5 weeks before Christmas. I never heard back from the bloke....I also phoned up nearly every other tuner in perth and they are the bloody same.

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
When the cam is fitted do they give you a certificate for it?

Last edited:

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
If your car has deviated from the factory emission standards, yes it can be defected.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'm fairly sure in your state, a vehicle must be roadworthy at point of sale.....Having it unroadworthy at point of sale, which this appears to be, means you have recourse to request the vehicle be brought upto roadworthy conditions at the car yards expense...I'm unsure whether you can request your money back though...

I'd be contacting your states transport authority over this issue and then talking to the car yard and finding out what course of action they wish to take, before persuing it further through the transport authority