Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cammed 2005 VZ SS, Yellow sticker.

H

harrop.senator

If in wa cars are sold as is privately but theirs lemon Law issues with taking cars back to car yards deemed unroadworthy.

If its got a lump to the idle they'll ask for you to go for an emissions test clear n simple.

330 is at flywheel they usually 250-260 atwhp stock. 356 is right I'm pushing 347 slightky detuned with a stock stall and a maf ruining my intake path with quite a large cam. It's hard to go over 320-330 with an auto and no cam on pump fuel or so I've heard.

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS Auto 4 speed 5.7L Gen III LS1
ye I'm not too sure what to do & ye I am making the car dealer pay for it all.

Basically even if I get the sticker off and a permit for the cam and an emissions cert, they can still sticker me again?

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
ah well that's alright then, might have to tune on ethanol to get permits and over pits? then tune back to petrol?

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
have you got much smell on idle Harrop?

car dealer reckons the cam is too big to get passed, but ye if I go ethanol?

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
It's probably got 100 cell cats in it. Ditch them and throw a standard set + standard cat back on it and see. 100 cells flow nice but are smelly.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
So ye now hes had it for quite some time...I haven't even really had a chance to ******* drive it yet, dno if hes tryna shaft me or what ever.

He thinks it wont pass emissions and he wants to take the cam out and even the exhaust etc......I don't think any of that needs to be done.

I probably haven't been too clear but I would really appreciate it if someone wants to help me out!

Honestly, I'd be asking for money back and buy something else. If he thinks it won't pass emissions and wants to pull crap off it, tell him straight up to give you your money back then, not because I don't think it will pass but it sounds like a massive farking headache to deal with. Thing sounds pretty lemon from what you've said.

Have a read of this - https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/consumer-protection/warranty-obligations-dealers
And this - https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/consumer-protection/motor-vehicle-sales-contracts-and-cooling

car dealer reckons the cam is too big to get passed, but ye if I go ethanol?

Highly doubt it. Regardless of what you tune for it will have to be conservative to pass emissions anyway, not to mention reeeeaaaally basic rule of thumb is that E85 uses 30% more fuel, don't really know how that translates into emissions tho. Somebody else will probably chime in.

When the cam is fitted do they give you a certificate for it?

No way, it's your responsibility to take care of legalities/engineering and generally aftermarket cams aren't primarily concerned with passing emissions. If they did this then every track car would be street legal. Because you bought it from a dealer, that pretty much renders it unroadworthy on his part.

What is this 'permit' for the cam you speak of?

Last edited:

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Also, about the power, the 335hp you quote is likely to be power at the engine and your dynograph will be taken at the wheels, driveline will suck out some power (so at the engine is probably like 400ish or something). Also, you choose your stall based on your cam specs and the cams power band, not on the power it makes.

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
ye ive already contacted consumer affairs they are keen to help me but I didn't want to sick them on the bloke. It is a ******* headache but I cant find anything else like it around here, it actually drives really really well. I fixed a heap of **** on it aswell myself like the door actuator and the clock spring in the stearing wheel and heaps of other ****.

I don't want to sell back to him because he dodged the recipets....i gave him a 500 deposit and he gave me recipet saying 9grand for car, came back to buy it few days later and he put 13grand on the reciept and like lined it out than put 9. and I traded in my vz Calais for it, if I where to get money back for the car id loose like 4grand.

if I can get it passed the pits with the cam and exhaust n stuff, will they give me a permit then?

I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this ****, first time having to deal with all of this, only ever had 100% stock cars.

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
Also, about the power, the 335hp you quote is likely to be power at the engine and your dynograph will be taken at the wheels, driveline will suck out some power (so at the engine is probably like 400ish or something). Also, you choose your stall based on your cam specs and the cams power band, not on the power it makes.

if I wanted to get the cam specs, would you have to pull it out to measure it?