Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cammed car Problem

loosekunny

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Holden Commodore ve ssv
Hello everyone, I have just recently purchased a 2002 vy ss ute that is cammed with all mods ect. The issue I am having is a really rough startup idle. If I start it the revs will drop really low and most of the time stall. But i can control the revs with the accelerator and after about 10 seconds it will idle on its own. This will happen on cold and hot startups. Also another thing is when it has been idling for a little bit and the engine is warm, if I give it a little rev the rpms will drop really low again and sometimes stall. I am not sure what the problem is so if anyone has an idea, I would appreciate it a lot thank you.

Ps. I have put new plugs in and have cleaned the throttle body. Also its an auto with a 3k stally.

loosekunny

Reaction score
Members Ride
i think the previous owner had it tuned, as there is no maf sensor. I am hoping its tuned!

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if ur IAC sensor is good then id get the tune done properly as the idle airflow prob needs work

loosekunny

Reaction score
Members Ride
okay thanks, ill check out the IAC sensor. Also look into getting it tuned properly

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Yeah just pay and get it tuned and give it a good service