Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cammed v6 lifter noise

Discussion in 'Mace Engineering' started by vs_boy94, Feb 11, 2015.

1. vs_boy94

vs_boy94 New Member

Members Ride:
    vs berlina s2
    Hey guys. I have a stage 2 comp cam in my ecotec v6 and its always had lifter noise with the cam even after i got new lifters put it 4 to 6 months ago. Was wondering if i need longer push to compensate for the cam to fix lifter crush etc. Or could say low 1.7 ratio rockers fix the problem maybe.

All help much appreciated.

2. Bowen

Bowen New Member

Members Ride:
    2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
    Did you set the preload on install? This would've told you if you needed an alternate length pushrod or not.... Rocker arms won't help you either unless you shim them to compensate....

3. EYY

EYY Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VS Statesman
    Aftermarket cams are often ground on a smaller base circle than oem cams and so they need linger pushrods. It happened to me on a 202 and I just ended up filing about 1mm off the bottom of the rocker bridge, but on an older, lower revving engine the rocker geometry wasn't as critical.

4. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

Hi there,

Thank you for your enquiry.

"Hey guys. I have a stage 2 comp cam in my ecotec v6 and its always had lifter noise with the cam even after i got new lifters put it 4 to 6 months ago. Was wondering if i need longer push to compensate for the cam to fix lifter crush etc. Or could say low 1.7 ratio rockers fix the problem maybe."

We don't recommend running high ratio rockers with any of our cams unless they're suited for them. Heavy duty stock length pushrods would be fine to run with the cam you currently have installed.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
    Damo