Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cams and torque myths.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Achoo you have NFI on why I bought what I bought. Plus it's wrong of you to assume I bought the ute because of the loud exhaust and cam. If you had any idea instead of assuming what you think is right, you would know that both the cam and exhaust were things that I wasn't looking for and was actually had my reservations about. So in the future if you are going to say something you think is right I suggest you have evidence before making up stories that simply are not true, and based on your assumptions not what occurred.... ;)

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Achoo you have NFI on why I bought what I bought. Plus it's wrong of you to assume I bought the ute because of the loud exhaust and cam. If you had any idea instead of assuming what you think is right, you would know that both the cam and exhaust were things that I wasn't looking for and was actually had my reservations about. So in the future if you are going to say something you think is right I suggest you have evidence before making up stories that simply are not true, and based on your assumptions not what occurred.... ;)
But what about the keyboard war, think about the keyboard war

If it wasn't for keyboard wars some people wouldn't have any real imput

Edit: and don't forget about assumptions, if it wasn't for assumptions some people wouldn't have any real imput

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
But what about the keyboard war, think about the keyboard war

If it wasn't for keyboard wars some people wouldn't have any real imput

Edit: and don't forget about assumptions, if it wasn't for assumptions some people wouldn't have any real imput
Yes, true, and I too have let rip at times when I get really pissed off.... And some of those times seems to have entertained other members. What I really love is when people make up something and then end up with egg on their face.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Meh. Ass talking at its finest. If I can smoothly putt around in a fruity 383 stroker with 227/[email protected] and .600 lift in stop start, you'll have no worries with the right tune on a baby cam
I'm hearing that myself from a few different sources. You just need to have the right tuner, one willing to put in the time and not one looking for maximum results at WOT, like it would appear so many places out there do.

Not sure what options the OP has near him but in Tas it would seem the more you ask around that every tuner, at least in the north has a bad rep.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I'm hearing that myself from a few different sources. You just need to have the right tuner, one willing to put in the time and not one looking for maximum results at WOT, like it would appear so many places out there do.

Not sure what options the OP has near him but in Tas it would seem the more you ask around that every tuner, at least in the north has a bad rep.

Yep. That's what my tuner did, he's a gun. Idling you know it's a monster but feathered it drives like stock. Cost me a few numbers on the dyno, doubt it's even 2 hundredths on the quarter

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yep. That's what my tuner did, he's a gun. Idling you know it's a monster but feathered it drives like stock. Cost me a few numbers on the dyno, doubt it's even 2 hundredths on the quarter
I'm at 314kw I'd happily lose 14-15kw if I didn't have the hopping I get if I don't take off the way it needs too. I want to be able to just ease on the pedal when I leave my driveway and in traffic in Town near work. At the moment that is quite tricky. Although as bad as it is I am getting better learning how to make it behave at least 50% of the time.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I was travelling from Amberley in QLD to Menai in NSW, about 1000km, when I was getting my STI built/tuned because I wanted Paul Fisher from Pulse Racing to tune it

My advice it to travel to a reputable tuner

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I was travelling from Amberley in QLD to Menai in NSW, about 1000km, when I was getting my STI built/tuned because I wanted Paul Fisher from Pulse Racing to tune it

My advice it to travel to a reputable tuner
Do it once and do it right.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah agree with ya, the old owner saw bright eyed Losh coming since he was only concerned with lower price and all the aftermarket goodies fitted, probably didn’t even test drive the ute which would have told him heaps on any road.

Better buy would have been to purchase higher priced factory stock ute with lower kms that were available in tassie and cheaper still on the mainland states and then experience driving around for a while with no issues at all and plan/think/save what upgrades to do at a later date that he would like but we are talking dollars and not just getting the cheapest black 1 available.

Most times a blank canvas might cost more $$$ but end result in your time and budget, you have/get what you want in the end, not someone elses messed up used canvas which costs more to reinstate their misteakes.

Have you actually taken any time to read about Losh's search into a ute? Judging by these comments, definately not....For starters he did mention about interstate purchases but was faced with the prospect of being stuck interstate to quarantine both interstate and Tassie, if a covid outbreak occurred....So we could add that into the cost of a ute, which then adds a further $4,000+ to the purchase price.

He also mentioned other utes he saw advertised on the interweb and how difficult it was for him to get to them time and cost wise to see if they were the correct ones....It seems he is time poor, where as it appears you are the opposite. So if you had cared to read into his search, you would have seen this and this comment wouldn't have been made....

Could he have gotten a better ute value wise....Quite possibly....But when buying any car, you always take a risk whether you do choose the right one at the right time....But no one has a crystal ball, so you make the choice when you feel is the right time...Sometimes you score the right deal, other times you don't.....This includes buying brand new

So in future, do some research and make the call from that