Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cams and torque myths.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Cheaping out on the up front purchase price.

If you could direct me, or anyone to the magical crystal ball, it would be much appreciated by plenty.

You see, when buying anything 2nd hand, you have to make the call at some point...Some times it is the right one, other times it is the wrong one.....However if you had a crystal ball, you will always make the right call, because you will see into the future....

Oh and price is never a good indication of quality....Anyone that has any common sense would know that

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
idle and drivability arnt related to WOT, the whole fuel rpm/load table/graph and spark timing can all be adjusted independently so u dont have to give up any top end to gain better manners down low

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
After all where are you going to enjoy Wide open throttle dyno kw power/figures ??
It's Tassy= wide west Island state = isolated roads.
Officially do I condone = no.
But Adults make Adult decisions and accept the conuquessentions and if reality being / known , modifying any fairly modern car= you're after way more than the legal road performance= and own up accept your = big boy nuts!!!! = I used and either fxxked up = inappropriate situation = or just got busted doing/ enjoying the wrong thing at the wrong time!!!!!!

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
idle and drivability arnt related to WOT, the whole fuel rpm/load table/graph and spark timing can all be adjusted independently so u dont have to give up any top end to gain better manners down low

I don't believe that's entirely correct. My tuner explained to me that driveability is managed through steady state and acceleration enrichment. If you leave your max power WOT when these are polished, you'll cause a lean condition in cases where your putting around and then stab the juice. As such there needs to be some WOT compromise to prevent bad afr without just dumping fuel. All the maps are blended to an extent

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I don't believe that's entirely correct. My tuner explained to me that driveability is managed through steady state and acceleration enrichment. If you leave your max power WOT when these are polished, you'll cause a lean condition in cases where your putting around and then stab the juice. As such there needs to be some WOT compromise to prevent bad afr without just dumping fuel. All the maps are blended to an extent
no not the case u can have your cake and eat it all to yourself, fueling is based on airflow (MAF) if used and volumetric efficiency(MAP), MAF hz goes up as airflow goes up so idle airflow is at the opposite end to WOT airflow with about 50+ individual cells between them that can be adjusted each in there own value so not related, same as VE load cells WOT is in the 100kpa cells against rpm where idle is in the lower 30-60kpa (depending on camshaft) cells and those can all be adjusted individually, then u have normal driving in CL stoich using 02's which keeps fueling at that point until u go into PE which is OL then u can choose your fueling based on rpm and that is just a multiplier of stoich, u can also have main spark for all timing or some do use a PE adder so u can add in or remove timing based on CL or OL eqratio commanded scenarios

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Well today I found out just how hard my bus is to drive in slow stop start traffic. There was 1km of roadworks, on a hill. I had to constantly ride and fan the clutch to not either end up rear ending a car in front or stall.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Well today I found out just how hard my bus is to drive in slow stop start traffic. There was 1km of roadworks, on a hill. I had to constantly ride and fan the clutch to not either end up rear ending a car in front or stall.

I hate to say, but I know the feeling only too well....It's a pain in the butt, but once you're past roadworks, that's when the fun begins... :)

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Achoo you have NFI on why I bought what I bought. Plus it's wrong of you to assume I bought the ute because of the loud exhaust and cam. If you had any idea instead of assuming what you think is right, you would know that both the cam and exhaust were things that I wasn't looking for and was actually had my reservations about. So in the future if you are going to say something you think is right I suggest you have evidence before making up stories that simply are not true, and based on your assumptions not what occurred.... ;)
NFI @ I beg your pardon
For your info Replying to another persons post (not yours) and expressing thoughts is not wrong or right or assuming anything.

Those thoughts comes from the many many posts you have done looking for a ute and the many many many many much more posted since buying it. From memory You were actually looking for a VE series 2 but price was a big sticky point for you and in the end you chose the cheaper $$ black ute. Your choice and Nothing wrong with that.
You posted many stories about reasons for months as to why available vehicles were not good enough or not worth the market price demanded even from local dealers which you criticized.

If you think someone is making things up, I suggest you go back over the many many many many post entries and read if you want facts and evidence of what you said.
And yes I agreed with another members post, so what, if you dont like that well nobody can help you with it except yourself. Best you dont read things you dont like to hear and please curtail the future use of NFI NoFarkingIdea ;) to anyone.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah well you and VS5.0 can chummy up all you like Achoo. I will leave the matter there....

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
NFI @ I beg your pardon
For your info Replying to another persons post (not yours) and expressing thoughts is not wrong or right or assuming anything.

Those thoughts comes from the many many posts you have done looking for a ute and the many many many many much more posted since buying it. From memory You were actually looking for a VE series 2 but price was a big sticky point for you and in the end you chose the cheaper $$ black ute. Your choice and Nothing wrong with that.
You posted many stories about reasons for months as to why available vehicles were not good enough or not worth the market price demanded even from local dealers which you criticized.

If you think someone is making things up, I suggest you go back over the many many many many post entries and read if you want facts and evidence of what you said.
And yes I agreed with another members post, so what, if you dont like that well nobody can help you with it except yourself. Best you dont read things you dont like to hear and please curtail the future use of NFI NoFarkingIdea ;) to anyone.

Some people can't handle facts.

Probably something to do with happy clapping.