Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cam's not so executive VY... NOW WITH LEATHER!

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
i did mine a while ago and made sure that i cut away the glue as close to the paint as possible. Was really really easy job when i did it but your car has had the glue baked on for a couple of extra years.
'
Holden chrome parts always look good on the VY

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
looks good mate! i like the sv6 tial lights, i got the VZ SS ones which arent as bright red and are tinted in bottom half.

the chrome calais door strips will set you back a fai bit, holden said 700$ for the set and thats not painted becuase you need to paint half of it your body colour! i prefer without them, took me 3 days carefully taking mine off and i just got 2 small scratches on the doors, cant tell though looks 100x better.

also the grill you mentioned? is that the hacked out executive grill with the chrome mesh behind it? looks good but i wouldnt trust myself cutting it up haha, you should go to wreckers and get one to practice on so if you f*** it up like i would you would still have a grill haha,

cheers

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2
thanks mate,

to be honest im not a massive fan of the darker tail lights and head lights i dunno i guess im just weird haha, i swapped my head lights from the series 2 lights back to series 1 because they didnt have the yellow indicator piece.

with the door moulds im coming around to your way of thinking haha or even just getting the ones on there colour coded to match the car.

ive lost interest to be honest with the custom grill. im thinking i will take the lower grill out tho and remove the bars in it and add some black mess as i think its the only ugly part on the front of the commodores.

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2
UPDATE!!

got a set of pedals from ebay last week, have installed the fot rest and break pdeal but as everyone has said the accelorate is a bitch!! so im getting holden to do it for me this afternoon. while im there im picking up my WK statesman indicator lights for the side :D

am also currently waiting on my leather centre console lid to arrive in the post. :D

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2
pedals are in and loving them, ended up taking the accelerator out of the car and doing it on the bench was so quick once the box was out. and holden wanted $180 to do the job

leather centre console lid gets here tomorrow.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
look good mate, why way the accelerator hard to get off?
ive got a copy of the holden SIP that they use to take apart your car and its just one locking pin, they say to use a mini flat head screw driver to take it out and it pops right off, dunno i havent tried it but im sure it couldnt be that hard lo, maybe cause it hasnt been moved in 6 years thats all haha.

i was thinking of getting the pedals and the leather lid and leather steering wheel n that, but i think im just gonna save up for some rims first :)

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2
well i dunno about holden but theres a few other people on here and they've all said the same thing haha the pin your speak off is the bitch! dont know what its made of but i couldnt do it in the car way to awkward so i took it all out and was pretty simple.

yea the leather steering wheel is the next thing on the list, ive found a brand new one for $220 so ill pick it up shortly. i still havent gotten around to changing my sunglass holder over.

must admit looking at your car i do wish i had got the vz ss taillights over the sv6 haha your car is coming along nicely. id love to do the same as you with the calais number plate surround but id have to replace the boot which is annoying, maybe down the track haha.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
yeah there is always one on ebay for 165$ new plus 35$ for satin spokes and im set! my mate said it was the best mod he ever did!

haha yeah mate they wernt easy to track down trust me, the chrome numberplate surround was just as hard! i got bloody lucky. sets it off though, especially when i get my rims with a touch of chrome :p

what do you mean you have to replace your boot? it fits straight into any vy boot.

cheers