Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Camshaft bearing questions

Johnathan1111

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden ve ssv
Hey guys found some camshaft bearing material in my sump, I found 2 1 mm pieces of copper and very fine metal from the first layer, like dust fine, I ordered an Ls bearing puller and new standard size bearings, changed the oil pump already so no problem cleaning it out, just wanted to know if there is anything to know any advice like easier ways to do it or tips, also I have recently measured and changed the connecting rod bearings and I’m not going to run the car until the cam bearings are changed. So any advice would be good thanks

Johnathan1111

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden ve ssv
Also took apart the oil filter and found no material in it, it just seems it’s going to get worse if I leave it so I might as well do it now

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Mate just take your engine to a professional. No offence but every thread has been something that has gone wrong. Get the mojo flowing in the right way by getting the engine done then fit it your self.

Johnathan1111

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden ve ssv
Yeah your right, I’m still on the market for a rebuild but just saving up for it, there are a couple of places that have a swap for a rebuilt engine from 4 thousand which is not a bad deal I just need to save up for a bit for it, and while I’m waiting I’m just keeping this one running, well trying to haha