Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can a bad cluster stop cruise control

imrhoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman, 2013 VE II SV6 Thunder Ute.
Hey fellas, recently taken out my cluster a couple of times in the last 24 hours, stupid globes went out a couple of times (different globes) the globes are now working, but my cruise control isn't :( I've checked the brake switches and they seem to be intact. Globes in the tail lights are fully working. The cluster is the only thing that was played with. Basically I can turn it on and get the green CRS light to come on, then when I go to set the speed, the orange 'ON' light flashes for a second then it won't set. If I press the brakes and try to set it, nothing happens, no orange lights, which indicates the brake switch is working as it should. Any ideas? I've had a peak at the circuit on the cluster, no traces seem to be cut or anything.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Mime did that when I replaced all globes with LEDs.. Had to leave one globe for it to work. Don't know if uve done a led conversion recently?

Unless a track is broken on the cluster?

imrhoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Good pickup! I've replaced the bottom section (3 windows, lvl3 cluster) with leds, will rip em out tomorrow and re test. Cheers :)

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Make sure the cluster is bedded into the dash plugs nice n firm. If you have replaced the trip computer - that connector can be faulty.

imrhoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Make sure the cluster is bedded into the dash plugs nice n firm. If you have replaced the trip computer - that connector can be faulty.

I may have accidentally damaged it. It's a bit worn out

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I may have accidentally damaged it. It's a bit worn out

If so, you can just change the green backing to the cluster (No. 41772) from a spare.

imrhoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers man, you're a legend. All working now. I guess after all the cluster can affect the cruise control! So happy to have it back.