Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can a corvette servo be installed without removing trans

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
just wondering if i can install a corvette servo in my 4l6oe without dropping trans?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yip its on the outside of the box on the drivers side you need to undo the gearbox mount and wedge the box over towards the passenger side to get the room

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Yep, not too hard. At worst, depending on your exhaust set up the drivers side cat section may need to be removed.

The servo will need to be pulled out of the trans and re fitted in stages. Tricky for a 1st timer but doable

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
I had to assembly the servo while putting in the box because of clearance problems ,the worst part was when that f@#$en clip blew out on a test drive ,it looked like a the car was on fire with all of the trans fluid toasting on the exhaust and I left a trail of fluid that leads to my house about a kilometer long
so if you do it double check the clip even though it didnt help me much

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
oh ok thanks guys, i watched a how to on youtube n it seemed like it wasnt to much of a problem, but that was with the trans on a table! i have to remove my drivers side cat and replace it anyway, has taken a bit of a beating n has a couple of holes n sounds rattly as.

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
$54 off of ebay

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I had to assembly the servo while putting in the box because of clearance problems ,the worst part was when that f@#$en clip blew out on a test drive ,it looked like a the car was on fire with all of the trans fluid toasting on the exhaust and I left a trail of fluid that leads to my house about a kilometer long
so if you do it double check the clip even though it didnt help me much

Hahah, been there done that, the stain is still there!