Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can a vr auto be put on a l67 engine ?

YILDI2

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
FG XR6 TURBO /RIP VT II LS1 Clubby, VR Commodore S
just thinking about my options since my engine is seiezed was thinking of an l67
and my auto i have currently is a built stage3 manulised so i want to use it, is it possible ?>

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
They are physically the same and will bolt up ok. The difference is with the electrical connections. The VR auto will not work with a later ECU. It could be modified, but don't know if it has been done before.

YILDI2

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
They are physically the same and will bolt up ok. The difference is with the electrical connections. The VR auto will not work with a later ECU. It could be modified, but don't know if it has been done before.

thats right i remeber now there the same but the vs onwards have the electrical connections yes thanks for that woteva
but the thing is my auto isnt hooked to the ecu anyway its been fully manulised stage 3 auto ... so i would have no problems since i dont need the ecu to do the shifting ???>

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
How do u find the box drives? Is it really harsh? Am thinking of rebuilding my box and the guy at my tranny store said a stage 3 is abit harsh

YILDI2

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
yer its harsh my gf doesnt like it even at low speed you feel it, but i dont mind it, isnt getting to me as annoying i love shifting it ;)
especially changing gears when going flat out sounds good too nice quick shift