Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can a VT Berlina have steering wheel controls installed?

G

gweymouth

Hiya,

I have a VT Berlina 99 SII. I really want steering wheel audio controls like on the Calais.

I rang a dealer who said it's be a $1,000+ job because the cable from the streering wheel controls doesn't just go straight into the HU; that it goes through some computer which would need to be replaced.

I've searched and searched the forums for an answer. There's plenty about the CAT08 and non standard HU's, etc, but nothing I can find that answers this question.

Any ideas?

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
There's a number of parts you do need but it is not that expensive at all, as I have done it and have covered posts on it also. You can ring me for details if you wish on 0412045372 and check my posts under the headings for steering wheel controls. Very easy to do once you know the details. I would say dealer just didnt want to have any trouble and didnt want the job!!

gruntavt

HSV-I Don't want one ;-)
Reaction score
Members Ride
vess-luckily
Yeb,did it to my old VT,easy job.

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
There's a number of parts you do need but it is not that expensive at all, as I have done it and have covered posts on it also. You can ring me for details if you wish on 0412045372 and check my posts under the headings for steering wheel controls. Very easy to do once you know the details. I would say dealer just didnt want to have any trouble and didnt want the job!!

Here is the thread:thumbsup:

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
they probably mistakenly believe the signal goes through the BCM as well
its really a simple job.
Rob

struggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline + 2013 FG MKII G6ET

Hi Scott,

Could this set up be done on my VS Berlina series 2?

Cheers
Struggo

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
I beilieve that you could do it, i dont think that it goes through the BCM. You would probably need to have a HU the same as the one in the calais or another car with steering wheel controls

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Does any1 know where can i get one of these modules for my VS? Apperently GM dont stock'em any more.I've already got the steering controls.

Last edited: