Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can anybody give me a hand?? (wantirna)

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
Gday guys... i have a problem with my drivers side electric window, the fkn window keeps coming out of the channels when it goes up or down and its like its like the glass is not wide enough.... I see absolutely no reason for it.. the glass wants to keep sliding down towards the bonnet side of the door and the whole things gets jammed...Im totally stumped.

So anybody near wantirna want to have a crack at it for $50 i will travel to you if you like within reason.

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
You will need to replace the window reg, $50 from the wreckers. And get new rivits to hold the motor. Fiddly job, but its not too hard. Hardest part is getting the glass back on the rails

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
oh thats right, i bought the vn ss front lip off you years ago. im in wantirna too. the window itself still goes up and down fine? it sounds like the two guide things havent been put on properly, and can be a bit fiddly

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
yeh strangely enough i think this 1 came freom a wrecker as it has VN written on it.. I think i have a big problem where the rivets were there were bolts instead of rivets now thinking about it some of the rivet holes are not exactly round anymore. So maybe there is to much play in the whole setup...Oh yeh i take the reg of my calais as its going to the wreckers soon and they still have rivets

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
yeah i think theyre factory rivets. when i did a power window conversion on my VN i used nuts and bolts

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
Yes Yes i think thAt was me that sold ya the lip...i have no problem getting the window on all 3 runners but when it starts going up and down it always comes out of the main channel at the front and then drops

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
yeh i took the rubber guide of the calais and put that in and it was worse,window twisting and pulling,, sounds bizaar but its like the window is not wide enough. with abit of mAnipulation you can squeeze it back into the channel but when its starts moving just slides straight back out.. grrrr... only had the car for 2 days..lol