Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can Anyone Tell Me, How are Cop Cars (BT1?) Modified??

Indy_387

Reaction score
That and the fact that they sometimes are left to idle for hours at an accident scene.

But I own one and have never had a problem.

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
No different to buying a standard commodore. You get ones in good condition and those in not such good condition :drink: My car has been in the family for over 5 years, the water pump is the only thing that has failed :thumbsup: Although the valve steam seals need to done. :whistling

Last edited:
R

Ragg

From memory when i used to work at the holden factory in adelaide VT days the only difference for a cop car was FE2 suspension and a different body wiring harness. This allowed extra electrical components to be fitted with minimal fuss e.g KDT and radio gear. Also a mod for the interior light so that doors could be opened without the interior light coming on.
Not sure of any chip modifications.

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
I've posted the listing of mods elwhere under Police packs- The truth. The list is direct from Holden.

It's not about always driving fast as opposed to driving smartly. I can get enought knots up in my Merc at work, but its the way I drive that get's me there just as fast as the speed. On the highway the Chasers are useful for a long haul chase. Some of it too is just the image of the cops haveing an SS- this is a threat thing that must have an impact.