Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can anyone tell me the actual size of the lower shock absorber bolt for a VT wagon?

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
I am replacing my springs and am buggered if I can tell what size the lower shock absorber bolt is, I think it is bigger than 19 mm but smaller than 22 mm, which leaves 20 or 21 mm (funny size) I think someone told me that the older spark plug tool is the same size, I really don't want to strip the bolt so I must use the right size as a lot of force is needed to undo it and do it up again, so if necessary I'll purchase the correct spanner.

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
um do you mean what size is the head of the bolt? if you are...an adjustable shifter works fine :thumbsup: i replaced my rear shocker bolt not too long ago and i think the thread was either m10 or m12

cheers mitch

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
Found out it is a 21 mm size equivalent to an old AF size, the adjustable spanner is OK once loose but they can be pretty tight.

Got the spring out only to find that I think the original spring is an FE2 in spite of the fronts being standard height, the red Peddars springs I'm putting in appear to be the same height when out of the car but I think the Peddars is a firmer spring.

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
The springs have probably compressed over time ,that is why it appears to be the same height.

I doubt you would have had Fe2's in the rear only on your wagon......

I'm sure you will notice a difference with the newbies.....

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Muso, there should be an id tag riveted to the body work next to the radiator in front of the air filter box. have a look at the suspension code on there, if it came from factory with fe2, it will say it there....

If not it will have STD....