Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can Holden detect if AFM has been deactivated?

VFCV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hi Dave.

Thanks very much for the updates - i too have a 2015 Calais V and am interested in this device.

I read a review that someone posted on Amazon and he said that it did not work if you remote start the car via the key fob.

Can't really see how this would be correct as you still need to have foot on brake and press the start button to drive when you have remote started.

Could you possibly check this for me ?

Thanks again.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I remote started today, then pushed start button, foot on brake as usual and it worked no problem

VFCV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Thanks for the quick reply !

I'll order one.

Thanks again.

VFCV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Well - it arrived today, plugged it in and just drove around for the last hour

The drone is GONE !

AFM did not kick in once and we were in V8 mode the whole time (which is exactly how it's supposed to work !).

Time will tell if i have any issues with it and we'll see how the fuel economy goes but i'm impressed so far.

It's like a different car .

Dave - any update on your fuel economy ?

Any issues with the device at all ?

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
No issues from the device, and haven't noticed much difference in fuel economy, maybe marginally worse, but not enough to gain my attention.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Glad they work ok. I ordered mine over a week ago so hopefully should turn up soon.

The car's due for it's 3000km service, so I might plug it in after I get it back. I assume the disabler is easy to plug in and out ?

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Glad they work ok. I ordered mine over a week ago so hopefully should turn up soon.

The car's due for it's 3000km service, so I might plug it in after I get it back. I assume the disabler is easy to plug in and out ?

Mine took 2-3 weeks to arrive, so with xmas and New Years don't be disappointed if it takes that long.

Yep, installation takes 5 seconds, find the port, push it in. Pull out for service or warranty work.

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Sounds like an interesting product. Might have a look at it.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Mine took 2-3 weeks to arrive, so with xmas and New Years don't be disappointed if it takes that long.

Yep, installation takes 5 seconds, find the port, push it in. Pull out for service or warranty work.

Thanks mate. I'm itching to install it as the car gives me the shits every time the AFM comes on :D

As for the Ebay ones, depends on how old they are, as they may not have the latest firmware.

RockDAhouse, when I emailed them with which one to get, they told me the RA003 was the one