Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can i change the gas vapour filter myself?

mattyr82

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 colorado diesel 4wd automatic. 2010 mazda 3
just to confirm the oil filter.
just had my injectors replaced by the mechanic, $420. on the phone i asked him about changing the gas vapour filters, overheard him on the phone to he's parts guy, "how much for the impco gas filters?....yeh u know the oil filters, them ones?"

also incase it helps anyone....havnt changed the gas filters in the 80k I've had it and god knows how long before that and it runs smooth as!
also injectors just changed at 187k ran on like 3 cylinders and was barely drivable until it switch to gas in the mornings.
mechanic says front shocks are cactus too. fuel flap has broken off (common problem). water pump needs doing also, leaking and noisy bearing.

hope this is of use to someone.

cor3yz

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Wagon Exec / VK 202 EFI
You can use a z436 which yes is an oil filter. But the dimensions and threads are the same. Slightly different internals but they work fine. No dramas to use them. Only difference is that around the stem of the filter housing (where the thread pokes up) there should be an o ring. Be sure to retain this. Then its all system go.
Hope this helps.

Grizzly_Oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II sedan
yes i change my own vapour filter. They can be bought cheaper from IMPCO in melbourne at less than half the price of holden. The filter is a silver tube located to the left of the motor with circlips at each end. There are utube videos with the instructions.