Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can I Install 2-Din Floating Head Unit In VF Commodore?

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Thank you for all of this - yes I did consider that - I don't believe I'll personally lose much functionality - The HVAC will go through okay from what I can see since the Aeropro system passes that in - and I don't have a HUD to worry about. The rest that I may lose - I figure I'll gain a lot more. I looked into a Pioneer system 9" at an audio installer up here, but again I've tried aftermarket head units from the big brands and their OS is always pretty meh and you pay such a high amount for them.
As you have pointed out the Aerpro will take care of the VF functions so you can pretty much put any screen in there , i have the Hallo 9 also available in 11' which are single DIN , i recently put a Boss 10' single Din in my sisters Getz which isn't bad unit for the price Kenwood do a 11' double din . There is also another control box that takes care of VF function called Idata Meastro that the Kenwood uses instead of the Aerpro unit but haven't found any one who has used it yet
EDIT I will point out that the Boss didn't have a compatible plug and play and needed wiring manually The Atoto S8 is another cheapish unit that has a harness available
EDIT again , another thing to consider is wireless Android Auto/Carplay and also supported video formats if that's what you'll be doing , it can be a pain to convert from mp4 to avi just to watch a vid , the dearer ones will cover all formats . The Kenwood is the only one off hand i can think offers wireless Android Auto . I actuall bought a dongle that allows wireless Android Auto and there are dongles that allow for wireless Carplay but i can't vouch for them
20210930_084500 (1).jpg

Last edited: