Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can I install VZ SS headlights, front bumper, grill and bonnet on my VYII Acclaim?

JeremyF50

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rusty V8 Meat Wagon
Hi guys,

Just wondering if I can install VZ SS headlights, front bumper, grill and bonnet on my VYII Acclaim? Mine all need replacing due to quite a large pig. Keeping my VY front guards. Also, will the VZ SS skirts, rear bumper and tail lights fit?

Thanks!

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Yes mate they should fit fine. Just don't try and mix match, VZ lights require VZ bumper and bonnet.
Bumper should be fine too, not sure about the tail lights though as some were a slightly different size/shape.

Jaba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Pack
Yes to all, VZ SS tailights and bumper will fit no worries, so will the skirts.

The only thing is the guard liners ( black plastic bits inside your wheel arches) wont be the correct shape, they will be shorter (height wise)

Shouldn't be an issue though, everything will still fit fine. Just the guard liners will leave a gap. Best to buy 4 new ones from holden.

JeremyF50

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rusty V8 Meat Wagon
Cheers guys!

Aside from the front guard with flutes, My VY Acclaim should look like a VZ SS. I've already got the genuine 18" wheels and I've gotta replace the front on insurance so I thought why not - Just gonna pay the difference on the front parts and buy the replacements for the undamaged parts of the kit myself.

I don't think Barbados Blue was a colour for the VZ SS. Should be interesting :) My mate is a spray painter at the smash repairs so he's going to re-clear coat and buff the rest of the car for me too.