Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can i put a turbo on an RB 30

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
well thanx for that

im sure that knowledge will come in handy :yeah:

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP EXECUTIVE 3.8 V6 t700
supercharger/cheap neddie bolt on

yes, what I am looking for. I have time not money so a charger at about 200 even if it needs re-bearing'd . Please dont laugh or disbelieve me but I have a very fresh 1.9 Starfire and unlike most runs very well scince the fitting of the
34/36 Weber from an XF Falcon. I did not use adaptor plate for a few reasons. I drilled and tappet manifold exactly, and it fired up with very small adjustment of idle mixture; Mainly I have never seen one that does not compromise either carby or manifold. I removed the fuel pre-heat from spacer plate to stop it fouling on manifold as primary port a little off to suit weber. Blocked off all ports from throttle shaft body as there is nothing the Commodore needs it for, hooked up vacum advance to venturi port as per normal and emission hose to cannister as required. Screwed the dashpot for smooth idle drop all the way in. Left jets as is otherwise I have been repeatedly told even though it is only a four it can lean out and yes do the nasty to valves. I will be cutting dual port engine pipes at the point where it becomes about 2.5 inches total opening then weld on 2/1 adaptor to give me a clean 2.25 inch outlet to full flow resonator can with flash new diagonal baffles allowing great flow no bark/fart and standard V8 rear can at the back, mainly because they last longer for about same price. I have 5 speed steel case borg warner, 3.08 rearend and 15" wheels making it a little hoppy of the line, but winds out beutifully, and honestly up to 100 kph in second with 2 people 1 dog. So after heavy duty clutch to survive slippage will this God send charger help? I want pulling power, I dont do circle work or treat my car poorley, and besides it would look great under bonnet. All brackets and fitting would be a great experience for me. Have access to tube bender and machine shop, so if they are about $200.00 second hand, please where from?
All info, sites appreciated, please email me, [email protected]

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Import wreckers, SC14, Toyota blower, they are off 2 litres so they don't have too much puff.. But they do the job enough.

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
Yeh well

i decided just to get an exhaust system and extractors plus a K and N pod filter. i cant really afford to go all out on it just yet. perhaps my second car :king: