Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can I run ssl’s with stock shocks on a vx s2

Jai_latham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Executive s2
A39881FF-9A86-43B2-B79E-0BD3C36EFAF3.jpeg New to the car scene! Need to know if i can run ssls all round with stock shocks on my vx 2002 series 2/ Is it a good idea, Will it be still be legal and if running 20’s will impact it at all? Please help a brother out I’m looking to get springs ASAP but I’m unsure!!?
Pic below of my car

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Not likely. I have FE2/SL springs with the stock length shocks and the front springs are barely captured at full extension. You don't want the springs loose at full suspension droop or there is a change the springs can come out.

Even if you could it would not be advisable, shorter springs need firmer shocks because they have to arrest the same weight but in less range of movement, with the original shocks you'll find it'll hit the bump stops a lot more and just give a terrible ride.

Difficult to say about the wheels, it all depends on rolling diameter, rim offset/width and tyre profile/width.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Different Size Wheels and Tyres will need the PPK corrected.