Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can I safely raise the driving height of my 2014 VF Calais Sportwagon.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
So how do you determine someone is level headed and won't trip over a hoist leg, despite all the talking you do? I'd love to know, so it makes my life easier
Hm, common sense goes a long way but if you’re looking for some iron clad method and don’t trust disclaimers, simple don’t let people into your workshop.

While your at it, as you’re so risk averse, don’t go to any GP or motor race for that matter as it’s a dangerous spectator sport and the disclaimers printed on the ticket mustn’t be worth the paper it’s printed on.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Well if you want to know about high risk, get a load of this one....for those not in the know Qld have commenced cash for containers as of late last year. I took 3 bags of plastic bottles into the Salvos shop just before Christmas & was asked to leave them at the counter and one of their workers obviously collected them from there.

I then took in a similar number, 3 bags of plastic bottles with all the weight of a bunch of balloons last week. This time the guy behind the counter pointed to the far corner of the shop and asked me to take them over there to leave...yeah no problems (thinking he was short staffed and didn’t want to come out from behind the counter), but as I walked off with them I guess he felt he needed to explain “we’re no longer allowed to handle them due to WH&S”...I was too flabbergasted to say anything...bottles were clean, plastic bags were new & clean which is all I can think is the issue because there’s definitely no weight in them..

So yeah, what hope would you have of being allowed to wonder through a workshop!

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
You're game walking around Pauls workshop.....He has crap laying everywhere.

Oh and has he got employees there now, that can get exhaust systems symetrical when installing a twin system? That is a twin system exiting either side of the rear, or on one side? I saw a brand new VE he did, when they first came out...The owner spent 10K on tune and exhaust system.....The twin system came out the same side and it stuck out like the perverbial that one side was lower than the other. Put me off getting a system done through him

And yes when he was at Salisbury and now currently at Prospect, the workshop has been the same....Crap everywhere
I'm not gonna bag D&T because I don't know them but he was trying to sell me on a heap of things, hence the tour. I ordered two 02 bung plugs and left with that. Workshop was pretty neat though think it was him and an apprentice only on a satdys morning. A mate is friends with D&T Darwin who used to be in business with the Adelaide shop.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Common sense is not a thing. You could never manage/lead/train/educate someone thinking it is.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Common sense is not a thing. You could never manage/lead/train/educate someone thinking it is.
Not anymore. I must be showing my age.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hm, common sense goes a long way but if you’re looking for some iron clad method and don’t trust disclaimers, simple don’t let people into your workshop.

While your at it, as you’re so risk averse, don’t go to any GP or motor race for that matter as it’s a dangerous spectator sport and the disclaimers printed on the ticket mustn’t be worth the paper it’s printed on.

Doesn't answer my question to you? How can you determine if someone is level headed?

Oh and if you read my postings, you'll see I don't agree with the rules relating to customers being in a workshop, but I have to abide by them otherwise I'm looking for another job, because the owner can get the crap sued out of him if someone goes ass up

And to help you, read my posting made on Tuesday....

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I've never been stopped from entering a workshop and I've never stopped anyone from entering a worksite as long as they follow the safety requirements.

If your workplace is so unsafe a non-employee can't enter without risk then there is something exceedingly deficient in your workplace safety procedures.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Doesn't answer my question to you? How can you determine if someone is level headed?

Oh and if you read my postings, you'll see I don't agree with the rules relating to customers being in a workshop, but I have to abide by them otherwise I'm looking for another job, because the owner can get the crap sued out of him if someone goes ass up

And to help you, read my posting made on Tuesday....
I did type a longer reply explaining how one can determine is someone is level headed enough to walk and how liability also extends to your boss’ on premises car park. Also had comments along the same line as panheads post above.

But I deleted that long post and replaced it with something much shorter as i felt there was no point since not only is it way off topic but I’d be arguing with you about your bosses viewpoint which we both disagree with o_O

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I've never been stopped from entering a workshop and I've never stopped anyone from entering a worksite as long as they follow the safety requirements.

If your workplace is so unsafe a non-employee can't enter without risk then there is something exceedingly deficient in your workplace safety procedures.

Nothing wrong with the safety procedures in my workplace.....They can trip over tyres/rims, hoist legs, air lines just to name a couple....Then you have the risk of an exploding tyre (seen it before, where a wire wasn't in the bead, causing it to explode with 20 PSI)....That caused the employee to go deaf in 1 ear.

All these things are part and parcel of being in the tyre game and you can't have all these things up every second of the day and you can't predict if a tyre is going to explode. You can forwarn a non-employee until you are blue in the face, but if they go ass up, they can sue the bejesus out of the owner, despite having warning signs up.

So the best solution is prevent anyone entering the workshop....I personally don't agree with it, but I have to abide by regulations

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I did type a longer reply explaining how one can determine is someone is level headed enough to walk and how liability also extends to your boss’ on premises car park. Also had comments along the same line as panheads post above.

But I deleted that long post and replaced it with something much shorter as i felt there was no point since not only is it way off topic but I’d be arguing with you about your bosses viewpoint which we both disagree with o_O

You could disagree with my boss, but my boss is following gov't regulations....