Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can I turbocharge my VK?

slimeone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Executive
A friend told me VL's were easy to turbocharge because they have Nissan engines. I want to turbocharge my straight 6 VK. Or is it easier to put a VL engine in first? Any thoughts? :drink:

slimeone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Executive
Yeah the engine uses a carby. It also has an auto transmission. Is it a stupid idea to turbocharge an auto? I checked out that link, seems pretty serious, I was hoping to keep it simple. Thanks for the link.

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
to be honest you would be better of putting a small blower on it there cheep and easy to put on will give you noticable grunt without costing fortune .blower of toyota they sell on ebay from 250-350

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Ive seen a few VK turbo's, i thought there was a handful manufactered off the line

sedate looking

Reaction score
Website
uniqueridez.net
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Caprice.
Nothing to say you can't do it other than your bank balance.. Small supercharger would be the go , but not as upgradable as a turbo set up..

T

Tradewind

Mike Vine Turbochargers or similar name from Capalaba in Brisbane is an absolute lengend with Holden straight 6's and turbochargers. Its a piece of piss really, just fork over the dollars and the old six will roar like the space shuttle

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
yeah you can turbo it and ebay would be the place to look, but first go and see an expert and see what turbo the sugest

E

ECILOPX

Have a look..

G`Day i thought this might help you out abit.. :thumbsup: been thinking about doing it to the VH Family wagon Myself.. :whistling..Info on the pics not real clear but it pumps out 140hp @ the wheels..

Attachments

• vk turbo 2.jpg
    vk turbo 2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 233
  • vk turbo.jpg
    vk turbo.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 238
Last edited by a moderator: