Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can i use a vn v6 in a vr?

wreckless

Reaction score
Members Ride
Isuzu D-Max
Hi People,I need to know if i can use the vn(not sure yet if its series 1 or 11) in my wifes vr ?
I found a highly modified vn engine i want to use in her car. I need to know asap please guys,Thanks in advance.Only reply if you are 100% certain =^)

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
.Only reply if you are 100% certain =^)

:rofl2:

Sorry but I don't think that has ever happened from what I've seen, and sometimes two (or more) people certain about something will contradict each other...

wreckless

Reaction score
Members Ride
Isuzu D-Max
LOL ,Are you telling me im wasting my time here?

shaune_m

Reaction score
Members Ride
GS300 2JZ TURBO/ S2 RX7
If its a Vn Series 2 motor (Thermostat at the front of motor) then it should drop in without too many hassles. If its a Series 1 Vn motor then wiring is different. Alot more hassle to install.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
I think people are forgetting the VR runs a cam angle sensor. The VN motor does not have provison for this (unless you swap the front timing covers over), It will thow an error code if this is left disconnected.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
I was under the assumption that you couldn't put an engine from an old car into a new car? Regardless od them both being buick engines.

mrtdk59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Series II Vacationer
I was under the assumption that you couldn't put an engine from an old car into a new car? Regardless od them both being buick engines.

Im not sure about the laws in Vic related to this, but in Qld they dont allow an engine from an older car to be transplanted into a newer model. This could also make your wifes car unroadworthy.

If you decide to go with it you may well breach roadworthy laws and if you had an insurance claim it would not be paid as your engine setup does not comply with that model car. Your car is deemed to be unroadworthy and unregistered in this situation (in Qld it is)

If you went the other way and used an engine from a newer car into your wifes VP, there would be far less hassles with roadworthy rego and insurance.

Check your state laws, go online and google search it, or let your fingers do the walking in Yellow Pages.

The info will be there, keep digging and it will surface.

Its wont be too hard to find

Good luck with the transplant