Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can It Still Be The Actulator On My VZ SV6

levivzsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
:help: Can It Still Be The Actulator On My VZ SV6 :help:
the passanger door lock will work when sitting in the car with all doors shut and pressing the nob down manualy, all doors will lock and unlock with no problems
:unsure:BUT when pressing the button on the remote the alarm go's off and when i press the drivers door lock when sitting in the car all doors except the passangers door will lock :unsure:

Kdouble

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina, CX8 Adventra
Sounds like the actuator to me, whip the door trim off and see if you're getting any voltage to it, it could be a broken wire inbetween the door and body, either that or it's buggered.

Deepo1985

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Try taking the door lock knob off and refitting it , mine was doing that last week ... Thought it was from
All the rain we had but it would work then not work .... I. Noticed the bottom
Edges of the knob itself was getting stuck and wouldn't go down with the button but it would if I pushed it manually so I took it off and cut off the little flared edge on the bottom and refitted it and it hasn't done it again ...

levivzsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
not the button,
if it was bad wiring the lock wouldn't work at all??
the passanger door lock will work when sitting in the car with all doors shut and pressing the nob down manualy, all doors will lock and unlock with no problems

Kdouble

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina, CX8 Adventra
I don't know if the VZ has a different system then my VT to lock/unlock the doors but I don't see why it would be.

You said the passenger door WILL lock when you use the knob to manually lock and unlock it,

But when you press either the lock button on the remote or manually activate the drivers door-lock knob then the passenger door wont lock, That indicates that it's an electrical fault.

When you use the remote or press the drivers door lock knob down it activates all the other door lock actuators, if one isn't working its either because it's not getting power or the arm has fallen off or something else.