Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can somebody help me?!

DUBHSTATO

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH statesman S1
hey guys, was doing my routine checks on my car ( bought it off my parents at 256xxx) and hadnt looked at my coolant as it had already been changed, looked at it the other day, finally, and discovered it is full of gunk in my header tank, and radiator itself. my mate looked at it and said the valley is leaking oil into the coolant? but there is no water in my oil.

could somebody help me? im hoping its not the worst, but if its Fuc**'d, what would be the price of putting an LS1 into it? would it be better just buying a ls1?

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Equipe
Hey Mate.

Yep common problem, had the same thing with my VR, Vally cover gasket was leaking oil into the coolant.
It wont put water into the oil, does not work that way, if you have water in the oil its a head gasket in most cases.
You can get new gaskets for Bout $80 then you need to fit them, its a timly job to do, but easy if you have a bit of mechanic knowledge.
If you want a LS1, get one that already has one in it.

Heres a how i did for the VR & amount of work involved. the Eco tec is different but similar work
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vr-inlet-gasket-replacement.147531

After this and a bloody good flush of the whole system, stayed perfectly clean :), no brown oily sludge anymore

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
I agree with the above statement, I had the same prob on my old VS Calais.

No real difference between the two write ups buddy.

Edit: Make sure you flush the heck out of ur radiator syst tho.. mine was filthy as

Last edited:

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Equipe
um.. what?

there is more pressure in the cooling system than there is in the valley...
I Dont know ari, just saying with the leaking valley gaskets coolant does not get into the oil, well from every thread on here i have seen no ones ever had it the other way around.