Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can Someone Give Me The Lowdown On Installing A Trip Computer In My VR?

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Hey guys,
Recently was able to get my hands on a L3 dash (woo) and installed it and works fine just need to get the looms etc for the trip computer and the setup etc for my VR commodore. Im posting up to find out what itl cost and what il need / need to do to get this completed, all info given is appreciated :)
Cheers,
Social.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
you've got the L3 cluster all you need is the loom. there is a thread called "tripping" which a quick search should find it. that thread is dedicated to getting the L3 cluster and trip computer up and running

so you have grafted the extra plug for the L3 cluster successfully? then the trip computer shouldnt be too hard ;)

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
you've got the L3 cluster all you need is the loom. there is a thread called "tripping" which a quick search should find it. that thread is dedicated to getting the L3 cluster and trip computer up and running

so you have grafted the extra plug for the L3 cluster successfully? then the trip computer shouldnt be too hard ;)

alright searching it now mate thanks and, the extra plug, dnt quite know what you mean there lol

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
hey mate quick question, i have a few lvl 3 clusters that i have sitting here, thing i want to know is when you installed it before wiring it into the loom did the gauges work fine? as in all of them?
for me fuel, temp, and rev work fine, but speedo won't move at all, and it's like that on all 3 of these basterds!!!
so let us know if you had all gauges working :) cheers mate!

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
hey mate all my guages work so not sure waht your prob is there bro, check your senders?