Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can someone help me find the company that makes this VY clubsport rear bar-fiberglass

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VG 5spd manual Ute
I bought the vy a few weeks ago with an aftermarket fiberglass clubby kit,
someone ran up the back of me on the weekend and i can't find the same company that made my kit.
insurance company wont replace it with a different or standard one said they'll only pay for the exact same kit.

if anyone knows the company that makes it or where i could get one it'd be a massive help

my numbers if anyone can help. photo(6).JPG

Last edited:

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
It looks like a Sydney Special Vehicles (Cromer NSW) rear bar. Have a look at the designs on their web site.

Body Kits for Cars - Car Body Kits at SSV Sydney || Sydney Special Vehicles

The only difference between your bar (which was no doubt fitted years ago) and the bar pictured on the SSV web site for the VY appears to be the single fluting on each side of the bar. You have dual flutes but the cut out appears to be exactly the same size and shape.

If you are in Sydney I would take the car over to them and confirm it is their bar. Otherwise send them some detailed pictures and get their opinion. If it is not theirs they should be able to identify it for you.

Good luck with it.

Cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VG 5spd manual Ute
cheers for the suggestions, have called and sent photos through to SSV but they weren't able to help me. There's a group on ebay that make a vy clubsport kit to fit a VR/VS and that has the double flute on it but their bar to fit the VY has a single flute. If anyone know's there number or email address so i can contact them that'd be awesome, i messaged them on ebay but got no responce.

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d
is the link to the VR/VS kit i mentioned.