Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can someone please help with a paint code

Challenger

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Hi all, I’m new to the site, and I’m wondering if I could get some help with identifying a colour and the correct paint code?

I currently have a car in the paint shop and I am looking at painting it in one of GM’s colours. I have added a couple of photos for you to check out so we can firstly identify the model/year of the car then I might be able to track down the paint code for that particular colour.
I realise that it's difficult to judge a colour from looking at on-line photos but the colour in question looks to be a dark blue with maybe a bit of green or turquoise in it. Any help with this would greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Mike.

Attachments

• Commodore  ute..JPG
    Commodore ute..JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,038
  • Commodore  ute.JPG
    Commodore ute.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 1,902
Last edited:

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
VR/ VS ute to give you a bit of help

possibly CATALINA GREEN

blackpearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
why do you need to know the paint code if you going to change it? if you are going to keep that color and its factory it should be on the VIN if not just get it color matched which any good painter can do if not and your worried about it being lead based its prob wont be so just paint over it (of course you have to scotchy it down first)

Challenger

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Hi again, I suppose I should have explained that the ute in the photos is not mine, I snapped the photos in my local Woolies carpark the other day. If the owner was around then I would have asked to have a look at the VIN and paint code and explain what I was up to. I have seen a couple of commodores zapping around in this same colour so I’m assuming it is a standard factory colour.

Anyway if it’s a VR or VS then that will help with the aid of the colour chart.
Thanks,
Mike

Challenger

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Bloody ripper, thanks for that. I can now pass that code onto the guys at the paint shop and get the ball rolling!
Cheers.