Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can someone put in camber kits?

themark

Reaction score
Members Ride
vyII wagon
i need a camber kit put in my VY. its a 4 point one.

I was wondering if anyone from this great website had the know how or connections to get it put in cheap?
im in Cranbourne, victoria but can obviously drive somewhere.

Thanks

Mark

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Theres a place in Fowler road just off South Gippsland Hwy ( up Princes Hwy end) they done mine a couple of years ago .
It takes the best part of a day including a wheel alignment .Cost me about $300 all up

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
you dont need a 4 point one in a VY toe in is adjustable from factory. you may only need camber adjustment (2 point).

themark

Reaction score
Members Ride
vyII wagon
even when its really low? ive been told the toe adjustment isnt enough with a 2 point

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
If your going really low then yes you will need the kit. Sorry can't help you with advice, I got mine professionally installed. I would rather fork out a few hundred dollars installation and make sure its done properly, then prematurely wear out sets of $280 tyres.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Its best left to the pros , If you fit the kit yourself and then have to wait a week to get a wheel alignment and you still drive it you can do a fair bit of damage to the tyres in that time if the adjustment is not set up right

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Its best left to the pros , If you fit the kit yourself and then have to wait a week to get a wheel alignment and you still drive it you can do a fair bit of damage to the tyres in that time if the adjustment is not set up right

WTF??? Whats wrong with just driving to you nearest tyre retailer and getting an alignment there and then??? Done it plenty of times.

Reaper

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
WTF??? Whats wrong with just driving to you nearest tyre retailer and getting an alignment there and then??? Done it plenty of times.

Reaper

What i mean is if you put the kit in on the weekend and can't get the alignment done till the following weekend due to work commitments . Some places like the Bob Jane T mart in Dandenong tried to tell me i didn't have a 4 point kit in mine when i booked it in for get an alignment and Pedders said the didn't do alignments on 4 point kits .