Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can the graphics in the VE cluster be turned off ?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Specifically the one that displays a graphic of a speedo when you switch cruise on, or the other stupid one that tells you that stability control is 'assisting' you when you loose traction !! Like you have time to read the stupid message when you are sliding to your death off an icey cliff :hmmm:

Just another ridiculous feature that someone out there must have thought was a good idea.

Replace these graphics with a clock above the digital speedo and ill be a happy boy ! :idea:
Hope someone can help. Tell me its possible, PLEASE.

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed
Sorry, no can do. Although if I could, I'd be right there with you - the "animations" are a bit irritating. It would have been nice if the menu had an option "Animations on/off".

blasto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE "Sport"wagon
Mate, you can't even get rid of the useless dead-weight stereo, which Holden thinks is perfectly normal in the 21st century. There weren't any HVAC controls in the EK's wireless...

I can just see the engineer's faces now - "let's put in an option to disable the cute anime that we spent twice as long working on as our afterthought stereo"...

10:1 it's not likely!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Oh bugger, I guess it doesn't have to have a 'smart' dash to be a safe car huh. Be nice if the animations were classed as distractions by the safely council and it lost a star or 2, then they would be deleted from the program quicksmart.
... goes to find the duck tape.