Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can the VN beat the VE ?!?!

seveprim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
1991_Vn2nV said:
Considering the VE is MUCH longer AND wider than the VN...

Darn In my old age my mind and eyes must be going !!!!

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
not to mention they decreased the bore size on the VE 3.6L engine now

the new cars are soo jammed packed with crap i think a old lady in a stroller could beat one.. anyway they're built for economy now not speed.. with petrol prices as they are.. holden are loosing sales due to the fact that everyone wants 4 bangers

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
PaRaDoX616 said:
not to mention they decreased the bore size on the VE 3.6L engine now

the new cars are soo jammed packed with crap i think a old lady in a stroller could beat one.. anyway they're built for economy now not speed.. with petrol prices as they are.. holden are loosing sales due to the fact that everyone wants 4 bangers

The V8 range pf VE's is easily the fastest range of commodores yet.

The V6 range is overall the fastest also. A VE Calais will destroy a VN Calais, SV6 beat an S pack and Berlina vs. Berlina would be close.

The omega is the slowest of the range now, where as in the VN's, the Exec was the fastest. But the VE Omega is still the fastest base commodore since the VP.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Dude you keep talking about how fast they are blah blah tell us the times before I go insane!:)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
they got lots more weight to shift but only another 10nm of torque to shift it. someone line em up, gotta wait another month 1/2 b 4 we see em here in the show room. go the mighty VN

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
greenfoam said:
Dude you keep talking about how fast they are blah blah tell us the times before I go insane!:)

Omega is 8.3 seconds and Berlina is around 8.2 from memory. The SV6, Calais and Calais-V are both in the 7's. Calais' are around 7.6 seconds, SV6 is around 7.2 seconds.

Thats only from memory.. I'll write down the times that Wheels got tonight when I get to work... Then post them up later. I'll see if they have 1/4 mile as well which I didnt take notice of before..

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
quite impressive considering how much crap they dump into new cars... but wernt the vns 15.6??? (exec that is)

mine runs 7.95 0-60 and thats a bloody calais.. but that was before i dumpe da sub box in it and a lpg system soo who knows now

all i know is mines slower now :(

im suprised they can make the engines more powerful and the chassis heavier and not increase fuel consumption

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
PaRaDoX616 said:
quite impressive considering how much crap they dump into new cars... but wernt the vns 15.6??? (exec that is)

mine runs 7.95 0-60 and thats a bloody calais.. but that was before i dumpe da sub box in it and a lpg system soo who knows now

all i know is mines slower now :(

im suprised they can make the engines more powerful and the chassis heavier and not increase fuel consumption

15.6 seconds for the Series 2 and VP, series 1 and 1.5 was 15.7.