Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can This be Fixed?

MYVS5LTRUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 Berlina
Hello all,

I have finally got my project car up and going!! She has a couple of small things to be fixed prior to getting here licenced again..

Is this issue in the pic fixable?
mrcpN3S.jpg

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
also namiiss here in newcastle do all speedo repairs
http://www.gauge-shop.com.au/ you think there be somebody on the west coast who repairs them
click on services drop down you see instrument cluster repairs you see the holden models and prices

Last edited:

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
If you are good at delicate work, you may be able to fix it yourself. I haven’t personally looked inside the cluster, but the fault is typical of faulty elastomeric strips that connect the LCD display to the circuit board. Sometimes you can remove the elastomeric strips and reverse them and they’ll work. The trick is not to touch any of the contacts on the strips, lcd or pcb with your fingers (to prevent contamination). Or, you might be able to find new ones of the right size - https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?...c4be2bf1680aad7320095bafff86c9c&ul_noapp=true

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

MYVS5LTRUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 Berlina
Thanks heaps everyone for the recommendations!!! Considering the car wasn't started for 10 years I'm surprised on how much doesn't need doing?? with the electrics it seems to be the cluster and the AMP?? fingers crossed not to much more pops up!! :)