Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can VY Utes fit full size 12" Sub behind the seat?

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
28042008010855x642.jpg

(NO COPYRIGHT INTENDED ON THIS GUYS PICTURE, IT JUST SHOWS WELL)
ive been told that the VY utes can fit a full size 12" sub behind the seat? is this true?

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i know the box is too small this was just showing what it looks like behind the seat.... what compact 12"s could you reccomend? or would 2x compact 10's be better?

VY0L8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY holden by design Ute
look on ebay mate ya can buy molded fiber glass boxes to suit vu-vz utes that take a full size 12 inche sub, i have to full size 12 inche hurtz sub behind mine and sound awsome!

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Think this is what your after.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,285

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
Or get a kicker slim line 12 inch sub, that's what I have behind the passenger seat in my VS ute...
That accompanied with some kicker splits in the door sounds aboslutely perfect in my opinion...

2a9b969.jpg

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
Or get a kicker slim line 12 inch sub, that's what I have behind the passenger seat in my VS ute...
That accompanied with some kicker splits in the door sounds aboslutely perfect in my opinion...

2a9b969.jpg

hows the bass? deep?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
The bass in those are good, not so much deep. Still a good sub though.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
I find it perfect for a cab, after all it's literally half a meter from you, you don't want it unbearable.
Don't get me wrong though, if you turn the bass right up you can shake everything from your rear view mirror to your ear lobes. But tuned properly accompanied with some tweeters it sounds awesome.
All my mates agree it sounds better then all their twin 12 inch subs in their sedans!

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
I find it perfect for a cab, after all it's literally half a meter from you, you don't want it unbearable.
Don't get me wrong though, if you turn the bass right up you can shake everything from your rear view mirror to your ear lobes. But tuned properly accompanied with some tweeters it sounds awesome.
All my mates agree it sounds better then all their twin 12 inch subs in their sedans!

wicked... i have a enclosure that ill chuck one in, it fits the specs so it should be good