Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can you help me wire up this amp?

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Hey everyone,
I just picked up this amp from a friend of mine as a temporary thing to power my sub. The problem is, it has no instruction manual and because its old I cant find any info on the net. The amp is an AWA model DPA-275, 75w+75w rms bridgable . The amp also has a cable supplied, with rcas and a remote wire at both ends, and a ground coming out at the head unit end.

The sticker on the bottom reads: 75x2 stereo rms, 150wx1 mono.
Connections
Brown R -
White R +
Violet L-
Red L+
Battery +12V
Remote +
Ground -

First off, I'd like to know what i connect the remote wire to on the head unit end. Is it to the same remote wire the H/U is connected to? Second, what's the deal with the ground coming out only at the H/U end? Finally, what would I need and how would i make a bridging cable for the amp to go to the sub? (I'll make it myself as I have a lot of spare wiring hanging around)

Cheers all for your help.

Here's some pictures (excuse the blurriness, but you get the idea)
IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2479.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
ok its simple in ur second pik there is the + - rem quite straight foward + goes to battery - as shorter earth to chasis as possible and rem it to hu to the wire marked remote. as for bridging the wires coming out of the speaker section join the + of one side eg. left to the + side of sub then - side of the right to - of sub. then run rca's you might need to swap the bridging combo to find witch has the most output. then adjust to your liking. btw the orange wire on the rca's is the remote wire just hook the loose end up to the hu remote wire.

do this all without ripping the car appart then when ur happy with it pull the car appart. no point ripping it appart to find that something is wrong etc. any questions just ask ill be on till bout 8 probs

enjoy

vsvyclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs II acclaim
Sorry mate but ur amp is a full range amp it will not run a sub because it dosent have a low pass fillter.

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
thank u clubby i didnt even realise that :p better eyes than mine

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
hmm any way i could put a lpf in somewhere along the line?

vsvyclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs II acclaim
yes u could but amp is very low power what sub u trying to run?

vsvyclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs II acclaim
mate just buy a cheap amp from somewhere that has low pass fillters and a little more power u should pick up one for $90-$150

vsvyclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs II acclaim
use ur awa for ur front or rear speakers. new amp would make life much easier thats all its up to u at the end of the day i dont want to tell ppl how to spend there money.