Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can you replace a 885 LUX BCM with a 795 Hi?

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
Hi

The Body Control Module in my car has been playing up for some time now, Immobilizer wont allow the car to start some days, and other times you press the remote to lock it and then it then the locks go down and straight back up until you lock it with the key.

So I was wondering I have found plenty 779 Hi's but cant find any 885 LUX's which is in my car since it is a VR Berlina. So I was wondering could I use a 795 HI since it has the same functions as the LUX Body Control Module. I know that I need to change the key head etc.

Thanks for any help
Shane

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
Im pretty sure the connections are different due to extra crap in cars with a "HI" BCM,ie calais and stateman sorts.

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
more then likely only thought the difference was the brake light warning, as LUX and HI both have Climate control, windows, anti theft etc

Just so hard to find a LUX BCM its near impossible.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Hi

The Body Control Module in my car has been playing up for some time now, Immobilizer wont allow the car to start some days, and other times you press the remote to lock it and then it then the locks go down and straight back up until you lock it with the key.

So I was wondering I have found plenty 779 Hi's but cant find any 885 LUX's which is in my car since it is a VR Berlina. So I was wondering could I use a 795 HI since it has the same functions as the LUX Body Control Module. I know that I need to change the key head etc.

Thanks for any help
Shane

hey mate, i dont know much of the differences between the models as in pin outs n plugs, but the options are the same, if they both have the same plugs HI has 3 i believe, LUX i dont know, u could try it with the matching key.

the other thing, u could repair ur BCM, i can garrantee it'll be dry solder joints, i would disassemble and just quickly run over the joints with an iron n maybe a touch of fresh solder too.