Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

canabl ute stuffed motor

canabl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR/II 5L UTE
Well after so many dramas with the motor after purchasing, it has now blown its second inlet manifold gasket, this time once again due to the gas mechanic failure to tighten up the inlet bolts enough.
Did a comp test wet and dry and it shows that a slug on either side second from the back has got ring issues, the car has been using oil and the plugs are fouled and cruddy with oil.
Now im after some direction on what best to do with this motor.
I have got a worked 308 out of another hilux project with roller cam rockers and flat top piston, think the manifold is a torker unit.
my ute is the factory 304 injected from the vr range with 240k. wanted to possibly ditch the injection and bulid up a carb motor.
is there much to ditch the injection in way of the earlier 308 motor? or would i be better just rebuilding the injected motor.
I want to run it on sequential gas as it is now also.
All suggestions would be appreciated.
cheers
Canabl

canabl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR/II 5L UTE
need gas

i did injection gas so as to not loose so much power, i do 1000k a week sometimes more if i do my qld trip. maybe look for another manifold to redo the gas setup or maybe custom make one. was thinking of a injected throttle body setup ontop of the older manifold.