Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] cander24's Shed Cleanout. VN, VP, VR, VS, VT, VX, VY, VZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Hi. The cruise indicator is the stalk only, I dont have any cruise module/stepper motors or wiring looms sorry.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
okk so i cant really set up the trip computer either without a loom right ?

So by this I guess you're looking to install a level 3 speedo cluster? If so then no, the standard level 1 or 2 dash loom does not have the correct plug for a trip computer (or the 4th plug for the cluster) and therefore wont support it. If you're just wanting to install a level 3 cluster and trip computer then you'll need to source a level 3 dash loom and modify it by grafting on standard level 1 or 2 plugs for the HVAC unit (climate control plugs are different). '88greenvn' on this forum can make them up if you wanted to purchase one already modified to suit.
Hope that helps :)

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
No worries and yeah happy to post to vic. The loom you need is the dash loom from a VR-VS Calais, Berlina or Statesman. As I mentioned though, if you decide to buy one already modified to suit your VS, get in contact with 88greenvn. I've dealt with him for a few various items and can only speak very positive of him and his work.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Hey James, I may not have worded the item description the best? I dont have the entire centre console, just the stato/calais additions which comprises 2 pieces (check the photos). To install them all you need to do is remove your existing radio surround (the one that clips in and is held with 3 screws at the bottom) and also remove your existing shifter surround. The stato inserts use the same clips etc to fit them. They sit alot more proud rather than flat and are a little bit padded (hope that makses sense). It would look quite odd to fit only one of the pieces and not both. I dont have a pic of one installed sorry, but if you check out some of the forum members cars that have a VR-VS stateman you should be able to see how they look installed.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.