Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cannons **postive Feedback**

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah good luck to you. 1" off the ground, exaggeration?

Anyway, I've said what I had too..

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
SlapNuts said:
let me guess, you're one of the guys that advocates cutting springs too...............................

id be surprised if he still had springs in the car

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
sure am but lets not get into another spring thing here please, im aware ov my own actions, the windscreen, cause its only a small crack and im not paying for a whole windscreen, the rwc, no comment.. NOW back to business, does anyone no what i can do to the stck setup to make it louder without spending $$$? i was gunna cut the back muffler out and run a twin dump tip instead ov my vt tip now? but as far as the resinator and cat wats the plan?

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
ok im not condoning the look of cannons on commies but i had a mate with a vn and he bought a jun bl cannon off a mate cheap and it did sound really good and it was jammed as far up as it would go and it still used to scrape nd his car wasnt even that low so my advice to you just put straight through pipe like my 6 i no its a straight 6 but fuk it sounds beefy just go extractors minimus mufflers and 2.5" pipe with a 3 inch tip. wont scrape anywere near as much

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
Bax said:
Yeah good luck to you. 1" off the ground, exaggeration?

Anyway, I've said what I had too..

haha yer not literally! i mean its fair low, like not 10cm or wateva its sposed to b, not stupid low

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
if you not worried about illegalities... and you want noise, cut a section of exhaust piping out at the diff... Leave the STOCK pipe out the back, and even a cursory look under the car will show a full exhaust system...

if you put a cannon on a commodore you are, I'm sorry to say, A complete nut job... :p If you want to blaaaaaah noise of a subaru, go buy one, commodores, only noise you SHOULD hear is the engine...

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
brohawk said:
ok im not condoning the look of cannons on commies but i had a mate with a vn and he bought a jun bl cannon off a mate cheap and it did sound really good and it was jammed as far up as it would go and it still used to scrape nd his car wasnt even that low so my advice to you just put straight through pipe like my 6 i no its a straight 6 but fuk it sounds beefy just go extractors minimus mufflers and 2.5" pipe with a 3 inch tip. wont scrape anywere near as much
yer true but a cannon isnt any wider in diameter than the stck muffler correct? what if i just stuck it in the place of the muffler and ran an extension pipe out to a vt tip? im not spending $$ ive spent more on this car then what i bought it for and i think its time to get real.. if i can get the same sound with a hacksaw then ill do that, in the end its more money in my pocket

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
but like u seaid it did sound good, thats all i want, not worried about looks or anything

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Keesh,
youre obviously on a tight budget, just get the rear muffler removed with a piece of 2.5" installed in its place....or whatever you want to do.....
you dont really sound like someone who can write their own RWC....how old are you?.....update: right, just checked out your profile....no one i know at the old age of 18 can write RWC's......