Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cannons **postive Feedback**

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
lol. i know of a vp wagon around my area that has a cannon. I still think my car sounds better. Straight through 2.5 with a "highflow" cat.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
EcotecManiac said:
Keesh,
youre obviously on a tight budget, just get the rear muffler removed with a piece of 2.5" installed in its place....or whatever you want to do.....
you dont really sound like someone who can write their own RWC....how old are you?.....update: right, just checked out your profile....no one i know at the old age of 18 can write RWC's......

my uncles a licenced tester, i write em, he signs them there u go.. i dont see wat that has to do with cannons on a vn

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
um wats the stock exhaust is it usually 2" or what? do u rekn just taking out the muffler will sound good or just droany?.. ok i no a 2.5cat back system is the way to go with extractors blah blah blah.. but doing that is my last on the list, im looking for a shitty substitute.. i didnt mention i was getting the cannon for free, i have the option to sell it to a jap or keep it.. unless a set of exractors just winds up on my front lorne im not doing that yet, thanks for the feedback ne way guys, i no i sound like im doing a stupid thing but im trying to work out ALL my options b4 anythings concrete cheers

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
you may be able to write your on RWC, but that won't stop the cops pulling you over for the incredible amount of black smoke coming out of your exhaust cuz you don't have a cat converter. RWC don't fix a $10K fine...

Also, just get a Lukey. I did, and they sound awesome :thumbsup:

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
yer true.. im good at playing dumb, sometimes u can b lucky and get a nice cop and sometimes u can get one ov those senior seargents who hate anyone with a holden badge and will beat u up for asking him to take the torch off ur eyes, do u reckon theyd take the time to check it out if there was black smoke? i dont hear of many cases where the cops decide to check your zaust, unless ur making a hell ov alot ov noise haha wat u think?

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
thats y im saying is it better to tamper with the cat or just get a cannon and b larfed at?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
youre already getting laughed at by people here for a lot of the things youve said in this thread.
dont tamper with the cat. get a 2.5 or 3 inch exhaust if you want a decent sound. i think my exhaust is 3" cat back with no rear resonator and some people have mentioned that it sounds like an 8. its got a good deep note and not a lot of droning

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
tampering with the cat doesnt make much diffrence. A sport exhaust will though. Im guessing you have a stock zorst.. so 2.25 with the rear resy intaked.

OK what i would do if i was wanting to make it sound better without spend any real money would be to goto the zorst shop and get the rear resignator chopped off and a straigh through pipe installed. This should also give your car a bit more go

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
ok thankyou heaps.. doesnt matter if people are larfing, i made this thread so that i can get information, it was suggested to me to tamper with it not my idea so relax ppls.. i think its worse to b a try hard 5L than to toss up ideas about cannons, i just want it better than it is ppl need to understand that we dont all think alike and dont all like the same things on our cars, thanks to anyone who is undersanding and helped me understand a little about what i can and cant do at this time. anyone who wants to laugh because i have a question can go off and read another post, makes sence to me.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
does anyone no how much MIDAS or Mr muffler can chop my muffler off and replace it with a pipe for?