Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cannons **postive Feedback**

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
personally most cannons ive heard on v6's really dont sound that good, im not really sure of what sound your looking for but cannons are often loud but dont sound nice, just loud and shitty if u no wot i mean, i no u didnt want 2 spend heaps of money but i'd personally save up for a 2.5 exhaust system, i got a 2.25 on my 202 with extractors just wanting better sound and came out with what sounded like a tough v8, well good luck with whatever you choose

ps, dont do anything to your cat, cheapest way would be 2 get rid of your rear resignator and that should sound pretty good too

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
For a muffler to be removed and a bit of pipe I'd only want to pay 50

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Keesh said:
my uncles a licenced tester, i write em, he signs them there u go.. i dont see wat that has to do with cannons on a vn
so he puts his arse on the line for you? he must be a very understanding person. technically, it doesnt have anything to do with cannons on a v6, but it is an issue on its own.
If you cannot understand what i am getting at, take this on board.
Guy #1 has a car that he considers to be a race car, albeit with neons underneath and the whole box and dice....chrome wipers, stickers from a**hole to breakfast, stupidly loud exhaust, chopped springs...blah blah blah...
Guy #2 looks after his car and has lovingly rebuilt it using the best gear he can buy, which takes commitment and a lot of hard work from him....he's got a blown 350, powerglide...all the good gear.
Both of these guys go to the same person to get a RWC.
Cops pull up guy #1 and go through him like a bad curry.
Cops pull up guy #2, you think they are going differentiate?
it's called "being painted with the same brush".
that's my point exactly.
Cheers
Maniac

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Had one on my commodore, Had it hidden as much as possible, It gave the stock system some sound only at lower revs, Wasn't herd cruising at 100kp/h or barley at 60kp/h, Was herd going up to 60.
Other then that it was very limp going hard sounded very stock hammering it. It didn't burble crackle anything.
It just was cheap sound till i could afford a full system. There not rotten there just not great but there handy just cheap alternative.

Here are my systems old and new.

Attachments

• Old and new exhaust systems.zip
    31.6 KB · Views: 113

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
EcotecManiac said:
so he puts his arse on the line for you? he must be a very understanding person. technically, it doesnt have anything to do with cannons on a v6, but it is an issue on its own.
If you cannot understand what i am getting at, take this on board.
Guy #1 has a car that he considers to be a race car, albeit with neons underneath and the whole box and dice....chrome wipers, stickers from a**hole to breakfast, stupidly loud exhaust, chopped springs...blah blah blah...
Guy #2 looks after his car and has lovingly rebuilt it using the best gear he can buy, which takes commitment and a lot of hard work from him....he's got a blown 350, powerglide...all the good gear.
Both of these guys go to the same person to get a RWC.
Cops pull up guy #1 and go through him like a bad curry.
Cops pull up guy #2, you think they are going differentiate?
it's called "being painted with the same brush".
that's my point exactly.
Cheers
Maniac

Well put. greenies for you! : P

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
guy down the roadd from me does it for $30

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
People beaten me to it. Please don't stick a cannon on it, too many people have done so already. Looks outta place, sounds outta place...overall cheap and nasty.. If your after a bit more noise, piss off ya resinator. Should be around 40-50 bucks, don't pay any more than that.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Keesh said:
i notice that a lot of people feel negatively towards putting a cannon on a commodore, well that may b ok for 5L drivers to complain about them, but us 3.8 are left without any noise or crackling from out tailpipes. now i wish i could have a roaring 5L but i dont, i wanted to hear some positive feedback from anyone who has a cannon on there v6 Or has heard a v6 with a cannon to inform me on what the sound like, if a canno can make a suzuki sound tuff then y not have one on my vn(well hidden ov coarse) hehe! thanks guys

You think a suzuki with a cannon sounds tough? What the hell man...

They sound like the hollow 4 cylinder jap crap rice burning peices of crap that they actually are..

And Commodores with cannons sound like crap. I've seen too many VN/VP's around with cannons and they all sound like a 4 banger anyway and they look like crap also. Get a real exhaust and get a real note. A 2.5 inch cat back will sound sooooo much better and they are only like $250.

flyen

bye bye
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
i got a conon on my vn v6 but would rather a 2 1/2 zorst with twin tips

it makes the car sound louder but is more like a whine than a rumble

heres some pics of my canon
pic 1 - the canon
pic 2 - canon on GROUP A r/bar
pic 3 - canon of standard r/bar

link to how it sounds (kinda)..lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc5lv5ShfQg

Attachments

• canon 1.JPG
    canon 1.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 154
  • canon 2.JPG
    canon 2.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 148
  • canon 3.JPG
    canon 3.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 134

statesman_wagon89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Statesman Wagon( written off) VN calias 5 speed
will getting rid of the resinator give you back-crackle? or will i have to get rid of the cat also?
i'm looking at doing this in the next few days, already got the 2 1/2 cat-back system.
just need extractors now!!!