Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

zeropalooba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim L67 manual
Hi guys, need help! I've just finished converting my VS ecotec/auto to L67/Getrag and am at the point of tuning the ECU to get rid of the automatic transmission errors. I purchased an NVRAM board from PCM Hacking and the car ran beautifully so I know the board is fully functional. I then downloaded the installed .bin onto TunerPro RT, deselected the flags to stop the ECU from throwing the errors and uploaded the .bin. The next thing that happened is the engine fan came on and now I can't connect to the ECU with TunerPro to fix the problem by restoring the original .bin. When the OSE plug in tries to run it says, amongst other things, that there is no valid code in the NVRAM. I've posted this on the PCM Hacking forum but thought I'd post it here too as there is a bit more traffic. Does anyone know how I can restore the original .bin or connect to the ECU?

zeropalooba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim L67 manual
I've done a bit more research and it seems that the chip can be re-written to using a TL866II which I can get on eBay for around $75 from China. Does anyone have experience with this programmer?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I know you can change the calibration within the bin, but I don't think you can upload an entire bin without removing the nvram and using a program like the gq4x programmer with the correct adapter.

I've played with mine a bit (although v8) and I just made chances to the existing calibration in real time. May be easier to send back to vl400 or biggvl (can't remember who sells the pcm nvram) to get it sorted. Sorry I can't help with the programmer bit - but i'm keen to hear how you get it sorted.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Can't help you with correcting the issue but I believe the fan going means there's a security signal issue or something similar, i.e. signal is set for a VR but the memcal is in a VS.

zeropalooba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim L67 manual
I know you can change the calibration within the bin, but I don't think you can upload an entire bin without removing the nvram and using a program like the gq4x programmer with the correct adapter.

I've played with mine a bit (although v8) and I just made chances to the existing calibration in real time. May be easier to send back to vl400 or biggvl (can't remember who sells the pcm nvram) to get it sorted. Sorry I can't help with the programmer bit - but i'm keen to hear how you get it sorted.
I just got the programmer in the mail and restored the original bin onto the NVRAM. Took a few minutes only - so easy even I could do it. Now my car runs again. And I have a programmer for next time I crash the chip. :)