Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cannot lock door!

Yergin

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 MY08 WM Caprice 6.0L V8
Hi guys and gals,

done a search and can't find anything on this,

I currently cannot lock one of my doors, when I lock with remote the door doesn't lock, when I try to force it locked by climbing in and pushing the button at the handle no matter how much force I use it will not lock!..

Has anyone dealt with this? what can I do to resolve it, also I thought the horn chirped when a door wasn't locked so why isn't the horn chirping?.

thanks

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
The power door lock actuator mechanism in the door has most likely seized up and will almost certainly need to be replaced.

I can only presume the horn is not chirping because the warning system senses that the mechanism is still in the locked position.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
What Sean said, not sure on the VE's but on my VZ I just bought a second hand one off ebay, cost $30 and took about an hour to replace the whole thing.

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Take the door skin off the door that isn't locking, 5 Phillips head screws around the out side, one under the arm rest and one hex type-dealy near the inner lock, and have a look at the top cable to see if it has slipped out of its slot.

It'll beep 4 times if a door isn't shut.