Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can't decide e1 e2 or e3 maloo

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
Hi I was recently looking at buying a e1 6.2 maloo until the other day I saw a e3 black edition thought it looked amazing so I was wondering weather I spend that bit mor and buy a e3 and do it as a black edition
Just want to know people's opinion

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 2,360
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,393

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
My mate nearly signed up for a new E3 Maloo R8, the new pricing for the current my12.5 E3's are ridiculous so you'd be stupid not to buy an E3...or better still wait til the VF HSV is released;).

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
I wouldn't by a brand new one not not quite that rich

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Maloos seem to keep there value better than the Clubbies etc. The new Maloo base models are cheap at the moment. Plenty of dealers trying to move them. Unless you really want an R8, have a look at the new bases.
What sort of money are you expecting to spend? That may decide which way you go.

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
Maloos seem to keep there value better than the Clubbies etc. The new Maloo base models are cheap at the moment. Plenty of dealers trying to move them. Unless you really want an R8, have a look at the new bases.
What sort of money are you expecting to spend? That may decide which way you go.
Really no more than45-50k

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plenty on Carsales in that price bracket. Just have a look, and see what you like. I wouldnt mind one myself, missus wont part with her GTS though.

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
The thing is I can get an e1 for that much cheaper as soon as i get it I can supercharge it

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
That again is what you need to decide. Do you want a later model, and leave it alone until funds are better, or buy an older one, and do stuff to it now. I do prefer the E1 front better than the "wog" front of the laters.
Only issue is do you want a 6.0, or a 6.2???

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
That again is what you need to decide. Do you want a later model, and leave it alone until funds are better, or buy an older one, and do stuff to it now. I do prefer the E1 front better than the "wog" front of the laters.
Only issue is do you want a 6.0, or a 6.2???

I agree the only thing that made me go maybe I should buy a e3 was the black edition I saw the other day
But I think I might stick to the 6.2 e1 if I wanted a 6.0 I would just go for a brand new ssv