Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can't find the leak!!!

DrewVZV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Holden Calais 5.7L V8
Bingo! That's it, pulled apart the air box, and all the plastic covers, shrouds and guards. Went through all the hoses, clamps, and overflow lines possible both under the car and from above... and that's the only thing it can be now... as it's the light pink watery/oily stuff so yeah it's one plastic radiator to go please!! Thanks mate.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If its original, then lasted a long time.

Mine lasted 13years

Bought new one in Sydney aftermarket with 2 year warranty.

Whilst there, check condition of pulleys, belts etc
Nuline pulleys way to go if need replacing as Holden will rip you a new one

Waughy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Mini Clubman
I had issues with my VZ Calais LS1 when I had it, ended up being the water pump, well the gasket. Was leaking from the bottom where the pump bolts onto the motor. Was losing coolant pretty quick, the car overheated a couple of times before I found the leak.

DrewVZV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
If its original, then lasted a long time.

Mine lasted 13years

Nuline pulleys way to go if need replacing as Holden will rip you a new one[/QUOTE]

2885021, member: 92795"]If its original, then lasted a long time.

Mine lasted 13years

Nuline pulleys way to go if need replacing as Holden will rip you a new one[/QUOTE]

DrewVZV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
YeH I reckon eh. 11 years is a good innings, so I guess it's expected things will start to show their age. The car doesn't cop a flogging or sit in traffic so it's just wear n tear. Bloody plastics- bring on the alloy radiator eh!

Yeah got right under and gave it all a good degrease and clean up today. Didnt find anything else sinister (fingers crossed) so will see. I ran it hot in the garage to get the temps up so I'll see if it's pooling again in the morning!

DrewVZV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had issues with my VZ Calais LS1 when I had it, ended up being the water pump, well the gasket. Was leaking from the bottom where the pump bolts onto the motor. Was losing coolant pretty quick, the car overheated a couple of times before I found the leak.

So I've been watching the temp gauge and the usual signs for overheating but nothing out of the ordinary so far.... just been a slow dripping of pinky liquid..