Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can't get fuel pump relay for my 1984 Calais

bird69

Reaction score
Members Ride
1984 VK Calais 5.0
Have tried to get fuel pump relay for my 1984 Calais to no avail. Have down loaded the schematic Scott posted up for fuel system but it doesn't tell me what all the pins are for on the bottom of the fuel pump relay. My plan is to do away with the 7 pin relay and may be fit 2 normal relays, is this acheivable? I am desperate to get the ole girl back on the road.

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
does this help
VKtachometricrelay.jpg

cor2sn3.gif.jpg

308Moz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS, VK 5L Berlina
Hey, I've got the same problem. Atm I've got it bridged over where the relay goes and that fixes the problem. But can't get a replacement, everywhere I go they tell me the part's obsolete. What did you end up doing?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
You can get one from a efi camira that will fit and is exactly the same . I have one spare you can have for 15 bucks if you get stuck but I reckon you should run the pump power through an additional relay to save the contacts on the tachonomic relay.
heres the camira one i have ..it has a tag on it as it is mounted separately on a camira but you can take the tag off pretty easily to fit it into the base on a vk
tachorelay.jpg

tacho2relay.jpg

Last edited:

308Moz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS, VK 5L Berlina
Ah k, I'll make some calls. Thanks for that. What kind of relay would you run additionally?

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
Theirs a few at the wrecker I go to. They charge u like $100 bucks for em tho.. Fk that

308Moz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS, VK 5L Berlina
Yeah, it's about $170 for a new one from bosch. How hard would it be to get a similar relay with its female plug, cut off the old one and swap em over. Or is the price more because its a 7 pin?

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
I see ur in Melbourne
I might be able to get u the relay itself cheap if u want. Will be alot easier

308Moz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS, VK 5L Berlina
Yeah, that would be really helpful, cheers man. I'm not in a rush, it's just for my project car.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Ah k, I'll make some calls. Thanks for that. What kind of relay would you run additionally?
just a standard 30 amp relay so terminal 87 of the tachonomic relay feeds the coil of the new relay and 12v is switched from the new relay to the fuel pump.