Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cant get VP streering wheel off.

TazmanCrash

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calias S2
Hey there all. I just got a new wheel for my VP Calias. Only prodlim is I cant get my old wheel off. Even with a puller. Any one have any Ideas? :bang:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
If you cant get it off with a steering wheel puller that aint good...
Try some penetrene spray or something to loosen it up.

I find they come off easiest if you put your handsat 3 and 9 on the steering wheel, and just SLIGHTLY pull one hand, then the next...trying to nudge it towards you...dont pull hard, just softly and you'll be suprised.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Maybe try and get your knees behind it and bash it a touch around. I have seen the knees work great.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
screw the nut back on until even with the top thread, then using your knees and one hand pull the wheel towards you and give the nut a smack with a hammer, guarantee to get it off

etower

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp exe s2 3.8
Change the steering wheel on my vp and had no probs but I had Jack to help me! :D :drink:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Don't 'wack' the nut with a hammer, otherwise you'll collapse your steering column.

just tap it with a hammer, with the nut screwed back on the thread like mentioned. then do what 1991_Vn2nV said, although i find it better to have a hand at the top and the bottom. obviously be aware that when it does come off, it'll be coming off pretty fast, so 'make sure' that nut is screwed back on, otherwise you'll have a sore face for a few days.

gemini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
FXST01 said:
screw the nut back on until even with the top thread, then using your knees and one hand pull the wheel towards you and give the nut a smack with a hammer, guarantee to get it off

I remember this guy was pulling a steering wheel of a ford laser and didnt leave the nut on. The wheel smashed him in the mouth and he lost a few teeth.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
gemini said:
I remember this guy was pulling a steering wheel of a ford laser and didnt leave the nut on. The wheel smashed him in the mouth and he lost a few teeth.

Yeah many stories of lost teeth and broken noses lol.. would be funny to see :D

2greedy

VP Calais (SSV)
Reaction score
Website
www.designaglo.com
Members Ride
VY SS HBD6speed manual 5.7ltrs of manual GRUNT!!!
STEALTHY said:
Don't 'wack' the nut with a hammer, otherwise you'll collapse your steering column.

just tap it with a hammer, with the nut screwed back on the thread like mentioned. then do what 1991_Vn2nV said, although i find it better to have a hand at the top and the bottom. obviously be aware that when it does come off, it'll be coming off pretty fast, so 'make sure' that nut is screwed back on, otherwise you'll have a sore face for a few days.

that's just too bloody funny:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: oooorrrrrrr stop it ya killin me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: