Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cant open car because battery is out and key wont turn?

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Haha although this is true, I sold my vl months ago, I own a vr now

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
im guessing its a vr you want help with?

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
On vr try the passenger door lock. For some reason my passenger one is easier to open than the drivers with the key. The drivers one feels like it will snap when trying to unlock it.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Haha although this is true, I sold my vl months ago, I own a vr now

Crawl under the car and connect a jumper lead from another battery to the starter motor terminal (battery + 12v) and one to the body - 12v.

PeterDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH
I had to do this the other week because my battery was dead flat and couldn't get in the car. Turning the key and lifting the handle didn't work for me either. What I ended up doing was jacking the car up at the front and hooking up my trickle charger to the starter motor. Put the positive on the power terminal on the starter and the negative earthed on the motor somewhere. I turned the power on to the charger, pressed the unlock button on the key and POP. Not sure if this will work with the battery out though? And you need a small alligator clip to fit up onto the power terminal on the starter (up on top). Might be worth trying if you can. This was my last resort as I was ready to break the windscreen to get in.
Cheers for Tip

Nightstalker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY COMMODORE SS
####!! Finally got in. Slowely turning the key and pulling door handle at the same time. Thanks heaps 4 the replies guys.

Thanks for the info, I had the same issue when I went to unlock the car yesterday. All good now, In and got the Battery on charge :)